Uplink Race

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. inFamous
  3. Uplink Race

User Info: Rix

Rix
7 years ago#1
It's the one in the Warren where you get the mission near the tunnel entrance. Getting to the third uplink means crossing a canal. There are no cables running to that building. There are cables on telephone poles running past it but the building is all balconies on that side. If I try jumping from the cables I either end up in a balcony or stumble into one while climbing and by that time even a few seconds delay costs me the mission. Is there trick to this?

User Info: Azanode

Azanode
7 years ago#2
At the induction grind just before the canal, I jump forward as hard as possible and use the static thrusters to glide over the canal, landing as fast as I can on the ground. Then I run to the base of the target building, and climb to the top. I usually have 10 seconds to climb up which is just a little more than enough. It's probably not the way it's meant to be done, but it's how I managed to get through it.
"Look, just give me the key. I'm tired and I hate making people scream. It gets me down." - Sam Fisher

User Info: Rix

Rix
7 years ago#3
Thanks, it worked!

User Info: Bull_the_Great

Bull_the_Great
7 years ago#4
also what's even more important , is to get a very good jump after grinding , on end of the rail ...

btw , I solved that by jumping over building on veeery long lines with help of trusters , then when near building , I jumped in left as much as possible and you end up if lucky on middle of building ., then spam X till the top ...

"I'm reloading my guns to go another round , I see death as my own invention." Violent work of art
  1. Boards
  2. inFamous
  3. Uplink Race

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived