playing without a CD key?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
  3. playing without a CD key?

User Info: megametroid

megametroid
9 years ago#1
Yesterday at Wal-Mart I saw that they have Clear Sky just sitting there on the shelf, regardless of the fact that it's not supposed to be out for almost a friggin' week, not to mention the recall that pushes it back even farther. If I bought it, would it be possible to play it without a CD-key somehow? Or could I email GSC and get a CD key?
- life is but a dream for the dead -

User Info: Jpaper

Jpaper
9 years ago#2
They won't let you buy it. I posted about this earlier. i went to 3 different Wal-Marts trying to buy it, and once you get to the checkout, it'll ring up as "sale not allowed".

Lame.

But i guess that's better than getting home to find out you have a $40 coaster.

Lame-o.

User Info: Lucian04

Lucian04
9 years ago#3
Stalker (either shoc or cs) does not require the CD key to play the vanilla game.. It is only required if you plan on playing multiplayer.

User Info: jacobvandy

jacobvandy
9 years ago#4
they have it on newegg, and you can buy it, and people have received it already... it just may not have a cdkey, but i don't know anyone who plays the MP anyway..
P.S. This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.
http://www.3ebarchive.com

User Info: 1_evil_srt

1_evil_srt
9 years ago#5
seen it yesterday and picked it up from walymary it rang up as invallad so they did a price check for me and i picked it up since wal marts rule is if its on the self its for sale :), there is no cd key on the manual but it ist required to play the vanilla game. so far its a good game its funny seeing all the guys from the first on but much younger lol
  1. Boards
  2. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
  3. playing without a CD key?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived