stats/orders/potentials guide *spoiler*

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Valkyria Chronicles
  3. stats/orders/potentials guide *spoiler*

User Info: Busard

Busard
6 years ago#61
Interresting about Awaken orders.

Still, note that an Awakened Audrey can happen not to trigger Mooch once in a while so it's not exactly 50%+50% = 100%.

User Info: Porcupine

Porcupine
6 years ago#62
I had thought to test that but did not bother. I guess this is something to test for later. It should be very enlightening to know what the activation rates of Mooch + Awaken Potential/All are.

User Info: Porcupine

Porcupine
6 years ago#63
Chapter 5 Lupus:
----------------
3200 Body HP, 600 Body Defense
850 Tread HP, 100 Tread Defense
Critical: 1.5
Interception fire: 30 vsPers, 5 shots
Flee if below 50% Body HP

I randomly just noticed this and had a recent playing experience that suggests to me that this might not be correct, at least in version 1.20.

I'm currently replaying the game for fun in my 4th playthrough, like a NG+++, not saving, just testing things and gaining playing experience. Mainly I am trying to decide which weapon I like better, ZM Kar 9 vs Gallian-A20, and making mental note of each level and situation where I found one or the other to be superior.

Randomly, I decided trying to destroy the Lupus for the first time. I hit its radiator with the ZM Kar 9 and it did small but significant damage. So I don't think the stats of 600 Defense and 1.5 Critical can be correct. Otherwise my ZM Kar 9 should not be able to penetrate the radiator?

Then I issued Demolition Boost order and shot the radiator again. This time the Lupus was destroyed almost instantly. I have no idea what the actual stats are, just pointing out that these stats might not be correct.

User Info: Busard

Busard
6 years ago#64
Yeah, the critical multiplier is definitely wrong as the Lupus can easily be destroyed in a radiator shot with a weak lance (even before 1.20).

Might be a tipo from the light tank above but I don't remember what the stat was (I remember I had calculated it with a sniper + penetration + critical shot but don't remember what the result was; it's been too long).

User Info: chuckm1961

chuckm1961
5 years ago#65
Wow, we Americans sure have tons of time on our hands.

How about just playing the game and not worrying about mathematics?

User Info: Darkmoon06

Darkmoon06
5 years ago#66
chuckm1961 posted...
Wow, we Americans sure have tons of time on our hands.

How about just playing the game and not worrying about mathematics?

Weeee necro that sticky! Necro it!

Anyway what harm is there in understanding something to its fullest? It should be obvious anyone still running around these boards is a long term fan and probably plays the game for all it's worth. Don't worry about mathematics?...Well then, let me just sit over her and pick my nose with a blowtorch because apparantely we aren't allowed to USE OUR BRAINS.

Some people DO have fun thinking instead of just shootin' thar lax0rz.

...also while it may be accurate in this case Gamefaqs is used by many others, not just Americans...kind of sounds like a bit of Ameri-hate hiding behind the idea that you say you are one. But whatever.
Jacqli - Ar Tonelico 2
Better than every character, ever. I will hear no contest!...because you would be wrong.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Valkyria Chronicles
  3. stats/orders/potentials guide *spoiler*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.