Dying to intercept fire

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Valkyria Chronicles
  3. Dying to intercept fire

User Info: legefy

legefy
1 year ago#1
Why is it that when an enemy runs straight into three troops to kill my scout they take at most half a bar while when I move anywhere near their line of fire I'm dead before I know it? It isn't even that I'm running a scout in, my stormtroopers melt the same way. I'm trying to play through the Severa dlc and it's frustrating the life out of me now.
I need power over the people! The stupid, stupid people!

User Info: LovableTraitor

LovableTraitor
1 year ago#2
The troops you get, other than Selvaria, have stats that are pretty lousy compared to troops in the main game at level 1. On top of that, most of them have fairly weak, if not outright detrimental, potential setups. The enemy weapons, turrets, and vehicles used are things that would normally not appear until fairly far in the game. So, you have much, much lower HP than you would in the main game against enemies that do equivalent damage, you don't have upgraded armor improving your defense, and I don't think anyone has a reliable defensive potential. That's why you die so fast. Selvaria does have both defense orders, which does go a long way to mitigating that because they are just as overpowered as the main game.

The reason your interception fire is so underwhelming is because you have Imperial weapons. They have very short ranges compared to Gallian weapons. Even without the range drop off, they are still very inaccurate.

The Selvaria DLC is not about a balanced approach of using your entire force. It's about Selvaria steam rolling everything while Johannes deals with all the "you must use Johannes now" issues that pop up.

User Info: legefy

legefy
1 year ago#3
Honestly while the dlc is what's put me over the edge I found myself getting irritated with intercept fire in the main game too. Maybe it was my fault because I didn't really understand when I should be using orders instead of the benefit of more turns. It just seemed silly to stack orders any time I wanted to move someone forward
I need power over the people! The stupid, stupid people!
  1. Boards
  2. Valkyria Chronicles
  3. Dying to intercept fire

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived