Do you have infinite chances for gentleman orders in new game plus?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Valkyria Chronicles
  3. Do you have infinite chances for gentleman orders in new game plus?

User Info: dragonite241992

dragonite241992
4 months ago#1
I got the important ones I need already in my first run, and it's quite boring to reset for them, so I wonder if I can just sit back and relax, or I need to value each chance I get because New Game Plus also only has limited chances.
my 3ds FC is 1418 6686 0916. Add me if you wish, but I'm busy lately.

User Info: Busard

Busard
4 months ago#2
You have a limited number of chances (1 per chapter after 4) but you don't have the tier limitations from the first playthrough (meaning you can unlock artillery support (normally a chapter 14+ gentleman order) on early chapters in NG+).

You can check how many order you are missing. There are 10 orders he can teach you: Retreat, Healing Request, Sniper Support, Awaken Potential, Heal All, Mortar Support, Awaken All, Medic Request , Artillery Support and Reckon Request.
Depending on how many you are missing, chances may be good you won't need to reload. Just don't forget to visit cemetery every chapter.

dragonite241992
4 months ago#3
Ah, I already suspected a few only unlock later on(based on a really bad time reloading early on and moving on). Currently reloading on chapter 13, I already got 6/10 and one is impossible to get anyway. Thanks for your help.

Are there any other later unlocks? Should be smooth sailing even if I don't get any more during my first playthrough, but just in case I want a few more..

User Info: Busard

Busard
4 months ago#4
On a first playthrough, the unlocks are at chapter 4+ (Retreat, Healing Request, Sniper Support), 9+ (Awaken Potential, Heal All, Mortar Support) and 14+ (Medic Request , Artillery Support, Reckon Request). I may have inverted some of them but basically it's 3 orders at chapter 4+, then 3 others at chapter 9+ and the last 3 at chapter 14+. Recon Request is New Game + only.

So if you're on your first playthrough chapter 13 and have already the 6 available up to there, no need to reload, the next batch is on chapter 14.

dragonite241992
4 months ago#5
To bad a few of the guides and the wikia don´t mention this... Glad it´s cleared for me up now, only two to go.

Already beat the game once last year, but it´s a mess to figure the system out if you´re playing blind.
  1. Boards
  2. Valkyria Chronicles
  3. Do you have infinite chances for gentleman orders in new game plus?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived