Bah, not a single Sword of Malice

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
  3. Bah, not a single Sword of Malice

User Info: Enclave

Enclave
7 years ago#1
In the last 10 times in the stupid shop has a customer sold a Sword of Malice. This is driving me nuts.

Also yes, I'm aware the name has been changed, I prefer the name Sword of Malice so I use it. Just like I still say Brey and Cristo.
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people...I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.

User Info: HylianAngel

HylianAngel
7 years ago#2
Really? It usually takes me about 2 or 3 tries until I get a Cautery Sword in this version. It's only bad luck.
Yes, I'm female.

Enclave
7 years ago#3
Oh I know it's bad luck, it's just annoying.

I'm up to 18 now.

People are selling me plenty of Copper Swords and Oaken Clubs, but no Sword of Malice. It's driving me mad.
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people...I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.

Enclave
7 years ago#4
So, after the 20th turn I decided to save at the church and shut off the DS and restart it to try again. You know, reset the RNG. Seems to have worked.

User Info: yab

yab
7 years ago#5
don't you mean just Clubs?

Enclave
7 years ago#6
Lol, it's mainly the Sword of Malice that I dislike the name change on. Also of course Cristo and Brey.

I don't have any particular like or dislike the Clubs.

User Info: Then00bAvenger

Then00bAvenger
7 years ago#7
Last time it took me literally over an hour. Sometimes it's just not worth it
A refusal of praise is a desire to be praised twice.

User Info: Kahran042

Kahran042
7 years ago#8
Enclave: I agree with you about the Sword of Malice. What kind of name is "Cautery Sword," anyway?!
I never knew loneliness...until I discovered friendship.

User Info: uwnim

uwnim
7 years ago#9
Enclave: I agree with you about the Sword of Malice. What kind of name is "Cautery Sword," anyway?!

Main Entry:
cau·tery Listen to the pronunciation of cautery
Pronunciation:
\ˈkȯ-tə-rē\
Function:
noun
Inflected Form(s):
plural cau·ter·ies
Etymology:
Latin cauterium, from Greek kautērion branding iron, from kaiein
Date:
14th century

1 : the act or effect of cauterizing : cauterization 2 : an agent (as a hot iron or caustic) used to burn, sear, or destroy tiss

The name makes sense.
I want a pet Lavos Spawn.

User Info: atmasabr

atmasabr
7 years ago#10
Cautery just doesn't have the same kick as Malice.

I mean how many people know what Cautery means? At least DW III and IV's "Incandescent Fire" had some spice to it.
I did my own research. I rock!
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
  3. Bah, not a single Sword of Malice

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived