Is there a way to make the split screen horizontal?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands
  3. Is there a way to make the split screen horizontal?

User Info: classicarl

classicarl
7 years ago#1
The vertical thing is alright but even on a large HD T.V. it can get annoying. Is there any way to do this?
The Steel Phantom 7 years ago#2
If there is, my roommate and I sure as hell haven't found it.
~ Gamertag: TSP1120 ~

User Info: classicarl

classicarl
7 years ago#3
I'm on a 360 by the way. Is there a way to do this? Someone mentioned something about changing your xbox to 480p on the dashboard? Anyone know?

User Info: WAFLcopter

WAFLcopter
7 years ago#4
It defaults to horizontal splitscreen if you play in standard definition, so if you REALLY hate the vertical splitting, you could always switch to standard. <_<
1000 Achievement points = 1 inch.
How long is your "Gamerscore?"

User Info: X_Ayumi_X

X_Ayumi_X
7 years ago#5
^Just as WAFL.
Never thought this game would play in vertical. Even if it did I doubt it would be playable (to me anyway). Would seem annoying as hell.
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793
Only talk to me when I order you to.

User Info: smothermunch

smothermunch
7 years ago#6
Change your display from widescreen to standard in the dashboard.
I took the time to get used to vertical, and for Borderlands at least, prefer it to horizontal split screen. I say you try it just a little longer, it grows on you.
QT x314159.
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher

User Info: Hunter_Gamma

Hunter_Gamma
7 years ago#8
I'd rather play vertical splitscreen on my friend's crappy TV because there's a large band of static distortion lines at the very top.
"That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far."

User Info: mcentire13

mcentire13
7 years ago#9
Hello all, I have two PS3's in front of me, one is running HDMI and the other regular video and set to 4:3. The HDMI plays borderlands vertical split, and the other plays horizontal. I've been trying to find an answer to this for a while and when I hooked up the other PS3 and put in borderlands I got my answer. So there you go. So if you want it horizontal splitscreen you must lose HDMI. Hope this helps you!
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands
  3. Is there a way to make the split screen horizontal?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived