Max Backpack space?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands
  3. Max Backpack space?

User Info: SorrySleeping

SorrySleeping
8 years ago#1
I thought the max was 42, but my Playthrough with Roland somehow got 48 space without cheating.

I'm not sure if it glitch and I got another Claptrap, or If I just missed a few.
~{Always Asleep}~ I'm back!~

User Info: adilor15

adilor15
8 years ago#2
Claptraps in P2 can reportedly give random backpack SDUs.
"You get high and low blood pressure at the same time? So you explode?"~jedimika

User Info: TakumiSama

TakumiSama
8 years ago#3
You start with 12 spaces. There are 10 claptraps that will give you a backpack SDU. Each backpack SDU gives you 3 spaces.

However, that's just playthrough 1. In Playthrough 2, the claptraps have a CHANCE of giving you another backpack SDU. I can confirm that simply missing that claptrap on playthrough 1 will NOT always yield a backpack SDU on playthrough 2. The chance that a claptrap will give you a backpack SDU on playthrough 2 is quite slim.

So the max amount of spaces you can have (going through both playthroughs) is 42-72. Most of the time, you'll end up with 42-48.
If your parents never had any children, chances are you won't have any either

User Info: saejox

saejox
8 years ago#4

if its bothering you too much, change .ini file parameter. Its not considered cheating if it doesnt affect other players.

User Info: LostAndWounded

LostAndWounded
8 years ago#5
My soldier started with 2012 slots. xd
learn YOUR facts, any of the REAL music genres like Jazz, Anime, or Singing don't use pianos
~HoldMeImFermata

User Info: BDSM

BDSM
8 years ago#6
Hmm.

I wouldn't mind doing a zero slot run so you can only pick up gear you are going to use.
BIBLE BLACK: Giving new meaning to GameFAQ's "Box Shot" section.
www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/image/578184.html?box=80714

User Info: Insicor

Insicor
8 years ago#7
I'm up to 260 I think. Good ol' buggy-ass game.
I will never change my mind
I will leave it all behind

User Info: EndofEternityxx

EndofEternityxx
8 years ago#8
I'm up to 260 I think. Good ol' buggy-ass game.

Yes, ini editing makes this a "bug".
[This message was deleted at the request of an incompetent jackass]

User Info: SorrySleeping

SorrySleeping
8 years ago#9
Roland is still in the first playthrough, or I should say, just ended it with 48 slots.

I did jump into multiplayer at random points.
~{Always Asleep}~ I'm back!~

User Info: FreakguyX

FreakguyX
8 years ago#10
"Yes, ini editing makes this a "bug"."

Joining an online game can bug up stuff, possibly if the other players have edited ini's and whatnot, I'm not sure.
I played my Siren alone up to level 32, joined a match and the next time I played alone noticed I could hold 83.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands
  3. Max Backpack space?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived