No orange weapons on first playthrough...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands
  3. No orange weapons on first playthrough...

User Info: Arathion

Arathion
7 years ago#1
I'm starting to wonder if either I am really unlucky with the drops I get or do orange weapons appear more in the 2nd play through. But I looted pretty much anything I saw, but I'm wondering if my chances would be better in another area? Any tips you guys can give me?

User Info: nopants55

nopants55
7 years ago#2
I only found one orange weapon in play through 1 lol. The gun was a combat rifle called Desert Raven with some numbers in front of it and had red text. "2 More Bullets Makes All The Difference". I used it for the rest of play through 1 'cause i couldn't find a better one but it sucked so i used SMGs and shotguns most of the time.
PSN: ImNotWearingPants

User Info: HighOnPhazon

HighOnPhazon
7 years ago#3
You're just unlucky. I found dozens of Oranges. But I also box hopped New haven for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours.

Yes, many hours.
"GameFaqs message boards ; you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must be cautious."

User Info: coolguy_zane

coolguy_zane
7 years ago#4
Run Old haven a few times your bound to find some very good green/blue/purples there which can be better then oranges. Box grinding is exceptionally boring to me so I prefer to play in these areas with other people to up the drop rates/rarity's.
PSN:coolguy_zane
http://coreforanswer.yourfreebb.com/

User Info: bassage

bassage
7 years ago#5
most of the oranges i've found aren't very good anyway. they're really not a big deal.
"I think I'm gonna stop for some street meat on the way to work." FUBAR

User Info: JoyBoyTwo

JoyBoyTwo
7 years ago#6
Think I was about level 22 on Mordecai when I went to one o' them gunshops, and wham, found an orange revolver for level 19, with 49% loading speed, +X% damage, and +11 ammo regen.

I kept using it until I ran Skag Gully a bit on my second playthrough.. Still have it to regen ammo for my new and improved revolver :)
~Tears of a dying Angel~
Been here for 7 years.. now shoo.

User Info: EZ1304

EZ1304
7 years ago#7
Wow... unlucky. I am on playthrough 1 on a new Lilith game and have found about 15 orange weapons so far. I'm lvl 27.

User Info: bassage

bassage
7 years ago#8
i didn't find any until Old Haven, and they were all in lockers, none in chests. Old Haven is also the first place I found Eridian weapons.
"I think I'm gonna stop for some street meat on the way to work." FUBAR

User Info: Drkr_Zen

Drkr_Zen
7 years ago#9
Its more to do with randomization than lucky... some will find none, others will find dozens and still others, like me, will happen upon a crappy orange in a vending machine that I never should have bought... lol.

User Info: agentheliosmith

agentheliosmith
7 years ago#10
correct me if im wrong but i think that orange only appears with 3 or more players.
Sully: We should follow the Hose
Nate: You always follow the ho's(e)
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands
  3. No orange weapons on first playthrough...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived