Anyway to make offensive line better?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Backbreaker
  3. Anyway to make offensive line better?

User Info: OnlyNPhotos

OnlyNPhotos
7 years ago#11
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

OnlyNPhotos
7 years ago#12
Also, the Madden thing is a moot point. They have annual releases, whereas Backbreaker doesn't have to worry about the NFL license's requirements or the standard of appeasing the market where every major sports title has a release every year. If they really cared about making the ideal football game, they'd have already promised a patch to fix some of the major issues, not promise a sequel before they even released this one.

OnlyNPhotos
7 years ago#13
I do expect a patch by the way, but to me they're no different from the Madden team promising fixes last year right after launch and then going on vacation for a month after release before actually releasing a patch. They took feedback into account, but that doesn't mean anything. Their actual dedication to the fans is somewhat exaggerated by people like you.

User Info: Taco_WaIIace

Taco_WaIIace
7 years ago#14

"They've actually moved most of their team towards working on a sequel. You have to figure they weren't really expecting much in terms of sales and such...it really is just a tech demo for their engine which so far only Rockstar and Lucasarts have ponied up the cash to use the license."

What? How could you say that? It was understandable for people to believe that it was just a tech demo before the game was out, but now that it's out, and they are already making a sequel, I don't see how you can believe it was just a tech demo? Madden's team starts working on the next version right after release, as well. They are probably just doing the same, because they are thinking of making this a yearly release.

And you act like they don't even care about patching this game. They added a support and feedback section to the official forums, and if you have any AI problems, or suggestions for a patch, you post it there, and they respond. They have yet to confirm or deny if they will do a patch, but I'm fully expecting one at this point.
---
Steelers: 6 Lombardi Trophies
How many does your team have?

Do you know what tech demo means? Being a Euphoria tech demo does not mean it can't be enjoyed or praised as a good video game or have sequels. The point of a tech demo is to prove the viability of the technology. That is exactly why Backbreaker exists as a new IP in the first place.

They want people to recognize Euphoria and pay the big bucks to license it. Rockstar and Lucasarts made them rich enough to make this game but they obviously want more as any good business would.

So methinks you've just got your definitions a bit warped, friend.

User Info: hotrodder07

hotrodder07
7 years ago#15
"Do you know what tech demo means? Being a Euphoria tech demo does not mean it can't be enjoyed or praised as a good video game or have sequels. The point of a tech demo is to prove the viability of the technology. That is exactly why Backbreaker exists as a new IP in the first place.

They want people to recognize Euphoria and pay the big bucks to license it. Rockstar and Lucasarts made them rich enough to make this game but they obviously want more as any good business would.

So methinks you've just got your definitions a bit warped, friend."

While this is wikipedia, here's a quick defition of a tech demo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tech_demo

"A tech demo (technology demonstration) is a prototype, rough example or an otherwise incomplete version of a product, put together with the primary purpose of showcasing the idea, performance, method or the features of the product."

So, you guys believe that this game was incomplete, and they were only trying to showcase their idea of Euphoria? That's not so. If that were the case, they would have just made it an xbox live arcade game, like it was originally going to be. And, a tech demo isn't meant to be the full game, it's just a demonstration of what the real thing will do. If you guys feel this game is incomplete, I don't see it. It has more features than APF, but that was a full game. And tech demos do not have sequels. They're tech demos. They aren't supposed to be a franchise, but, rather, are just demonstrations of technology.

Now, OnlyNPhotos, if there ends up being no sequel, then maybe you were right. Only time will tell I guess.
Steelers: 6 Lombardi Trophies
How many does your team have?

OnlyNPhotos
7 years ago#16
So, you guys believe that this game was incomplete, and they were only trying to showcase their idea of Euphoria? That's not so. If that were the case, they would have just made it an xbox live arcade game, like it was originally going to be. And, a tech demo isn't meant to be the full game, it's just a demonstration of what the real thing will do. If you guys feel this game is incomplete, I don't see it. It has more features than APF, but that was a full game. And tech demos do not have sequels. They're tech demos. They aren't supposed to be a franchise, but, rather, are just demonstrations of technology.

It's not incomplete in the sense of being unplayable, but if the primary purpose is to showcase their tech then it can be treated as such. Madden 06 was essentially a tech demo for EA's franchise, as it lacked a lot of key features but was still a fully functional retail game with franchise mode and such.

Tech demo isn't mean to be a full game? That's not stated anywhere. It does however start by labeling it a prototype, which is exactly what this game is. It lacks several basic features of other sports games and for that reason can be considered "incomplete." I just feel this is an exception, so there should not be these comparisons to APF and such.

What other sports game was made with a rarely used physics engine by the actual makers of said physics engine? It has never happened before, and as far as I know even in other genres it rarely happens. But since they are the creators of the technology, you have to accept that a major part of this game's existence lies on the fact that it's advertising their tech for other companies to use.

OnlyNPhotos
7 years ago#17
And I was referring to Madden 06 on 360.

User Info: usmovers_02

usmovers_02
7 years ago#18
Portal was practically a tech demo. Look where that game is now.
You have a strong heart; no fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child. -Neytiri
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This... is sad... VERY sad only! -Neytiri

OnlyNPhotos
7 years ago#19
Yeah, I'm not saying this game doesn't have a future or can't be successful because they're mostly peddling their wares and trying to gain extra investors (we WANT that, more funds would allow them to expand and such). I'm just saying that in my perspective they are mostly doing this to gain more support for their tech and make a much more complete game in the future on par with some of the greatest sports games ever made.

User Info: SniperFire17

SniperFire17
7 years ago#20

In the pros it should only take 3-5 seconds to pass the ball.

If there is no one open the quarterback will prolly be sacked unless he scrambles, throws it away, or lobs a lucky pass.

The game is not broken... this is football.. if you had all day to throw a pass you would be on the forums complaining about that..

1. Boards
  2. Backbreaker
  3. Anyway to make offensive line better?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived