gamespot !!!!! 5.5 !!!! you guys are crazy !!!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Backbreaker
  3. gamespot !!!!! 5.5 !!!! you guys are crazy !!!!

User Info: ray3473

ray3473
7 years ago#1
how can you give this game 5.5 !!!! are you !@#$% crazy !!!! gimmie a break !!!! i know the game has a little flaws but man you have to give it up for the physics and the smart A.I. TACKLING !!! the game has a learning curve !!! you must know when to use the focus button , the aggresive button and lead passing to WRS !!! gamespot said the running game is hard i did a 80 yard td last night !!! i cant stop playing this game !!! i SEE NEW TACKLES EACH TIME I PLAY !!! GAMESPOT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO YOUR opinion but dam 5.5 !!!! i give it 7.5-80 !!!!! THEY DID SOMETHING THAT EA MADDEN COULD NOT DO !!! don't get me wrong i love E.A. MADDEN games but they never did the tackling A.I. like BACKBREAKER DID !!!! that the truth !!!

User Info: spartan----117

spartan----117
7 years ago#2
No, no, no, their review was spot on

The "animations" and tackles are amazing, but the foundation for this game is garbage

Not being able to see or pass easily is NOT a smart game design choice so they got ripped for it, actually read the review before yelling about numbers, Thank you!

User Info: Neo_Sarevok

Neo_Sarevok
7 years ago#3

I gave up on the reviews though a long time ago. Regardless of what people say, I know I'm personally enjoying the hell out of it, both online and off.

User Info: Neo_Sarevok

Neo_Sarevok
7 years ago#4
spartan----117 posted...
Not being able to see or pass easily is NOT a smart game design choice

Is that what EA told you or are those in your own words?

User Info: spartan----117

spartan----117
7 years ago#5
Neo_Sarevok posted...
spartan----117 posted...
Not being able to see or pass easily is NOT a smart game design choice

Is that what EA told you or are those in your own words?

Making a game frustrating difficult is never fun... or smart

get off of EA's nuts, seriously they are NOT that bad of a company, if you don't want to acknowledge this games flaws and go back to EA every time someone says something bad, go right ahead; it doesn't help your argument at all

User Info: MoonMarvel

MoonMarvel
7 years ago#6
TBH I would have given it a lower score, 5.5 is good but a 4 or 3.5 would have been spot on. I mean seriously, tackling is a good reason to give a game a 7.5 or higher...Ignoring the fact the rest is garbage? Still wanna know where the so called beasty AI is, I could and have thrown multiple passes i a row into triple coverage, only to complete them and the AI never make a play on the ball. Those passes in Madden on Pro would have gotten me picked off.

User Info: dafreestyleking

dafreestyleking
7 years ago#7
From my play with this game, I'd say a 6 is fair. There isn't a rule stating that you can't occasionally have fun with a low-mid scored game though.
xbl tag: Fist Of Kings
SSF4 Main: Vega and trying to learn Dudley

User Info: Ash_TDS

Ash_TDS
7 years ago#8
The game has tons of flaws but the camera and controls aren't one of them. They are what make the game fun. It's the stupid AI and abundance of interceptions that really bring the game down. Maybe not down to a 5.5 but pretty close.

User Info: Ash_TDS

Ash_TDS
7 years ago#9
Have you even played the game Moonmarvel? The CPU makes 10X more picks than in Madden.

User Info: ray3473

ray3473
7 years ago#10
spartan 17>>>>>>> Not being able to see or pass easily is NOT a smart game design choice so they got ripped for it, actually read the review before yelling about numbers, Thank you . LOL !!!!! LOOK MR SPARTAN !!!! did you even play the game or demo ???? let me guess you played one time and you could not learn the controls so now the game is GARBAGE or maybe you didn't even play you just read the review and talk your !@#$$ !!! FOR YOUR INFORMATION I DID READ THE REVIEW !!! AND I HAVE THE GAME !!!! SOOOO THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!! i love the game !!!1
  1. Boards
  2. Backbreaker
  3. gamespot !!!!! 5.5 !!!! you guys are crazy !!!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived