How do you do a high jump?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Backbreaker
  3. How do you do a high jump?

User Info: Xerosnake90

Xerosnake90
7 years ago#1
I've seen videos where people jumped high into the air to try and get over the line for a touchdown and such. I play on alt controls, and the x button causes my guy to do a pathetic dive. Anyone?
PSN/360GT: Xerosnake90 MGO: Xerosnake90

User Info: CadoOrgo

CadoOrgo
7 years ago#2
Hold the button down?
'God' is an image created out of man's insecurities. - Wiegraf Folles

Xerosnake90
7 years ago#3
Yes, I do that. The player simply falls towards the ground, not much of a 'jump' attempt.

User Info: Dragonmantek

Dragonmantek
7 years ago#4

i play on default controls, if you hold the stick up he lunges forward, i know about a jump.

User Info: RedHawk4

RedHawk4
7 years ago#5
Well, I'm not sure...I play with the standard button layout. Make sure that you're not in Aggressive Mode when you hold the button; that's about all I can say.

User Info: Landoman82

Landoman82
7 years ago#6
I play on alt controls also. I'm pretty sure you have to behind one of your players/across from a defender and just hold X. I've yet to do it myself because I just hold the right trigger and try to barge. Make sure you aren't in aggressive mode when you do it though.

User Info: Motorexskygtr34

Motorexskygtr34
7 years ago#7
Whenever you are on 4th down and 1 yard left or Goal, make sure you press up on RS without aggressive mode. It is depends on RB's stats on how high he can dive. My friend who I faced online eariler, he basically dive higher enough to across the goal line without touch the defenders. I asked him how he do that...just like he told me what I told you. As long you remember, do not press RT while press up on RS otherwise, it will become barge.
Proud to be a Deaf gamer since 1987 :-)
GT: Motorexskygtr32

User Info: RedHawk4

RedHawk4
7 years ago#8
^Yeah, but that's with the standard controls. He's talking about alternate controls.

Xerosnake90
7 years ago#9
Alt controls it should be holding the X button without aggression. I'll try it on a fourth and short. If I can ever get one.
  1. Boards
  2. Backbreaker
  3. How do you do a high jump?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived