is this game worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Backbreaker
  3. is this game worth it?

User Info: JoeyC_16

JoeyC_16
7 years ago#1
i have been wanting to see this game and how the franchise works. it seems like it can hold me over till madden. i wish i cud just rent it. but blockbuster doesnt carry this game whatsoever. so is this game worth 50 bucks?
Xbox GT: DIA83T1C

User Info: shadowman1433

shadowman1433
7 years ago#2
It's not even worth half that. Don't waste your money.

User Info: phoenix1289

phoenix1289
7 years ago#3
Ignore the trolls.

The game is the type of game that you will either love or hate. The physics engine is fantastic and makes madden all but obsolete. There are some flaws with the game such as some ai issues but in my opinion they aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be. The main thing that throws people is the camera view and the controls. Don't go into it expecting it to play or feel like madden. It does a good job on making you feel like you are on the field and due to that the camera and controls can take some getting used to. It can be tough to get used to them but once you get the hang of them the game is extremely fun to play and really good considering it is their first game. I would suggest downloading the demo first to decide whether you like it or not.
I refuse to take this signature down until the
49ers win the superbowl

User Info: RedHawk4

RedHawk4
7 years ago#4
Download the demo first for sure. You will either love or hate BB, that's my best guess. Dont go into it expecting Madden, and be ready to have a game that's extremely light on features. But if the positives outweigh the many negatives for you, then I think you'll really love BB.

User Info: dafreestyleking

dafreestyleking
7 years ago#5
If I were you, I would definitely wait for a price drop. The game is very bare, both features and gameplay wise, the horrible a.i., lack of penalties will drive you crazy. I just hate that I picked this over Red Dead Redemption.
My highlights:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UxvGg7nye0
horrible glitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAlXwetiyEwz

User Info: hotrodder07

hotrodder07
7 years ago#6
I say it's worth it, but you really should try the demo before you make a decision. I'm passing on Madden this year in favor of Backbreaker. Some people love it, and some people hate it. You're going to have to make the decision for yourself.
Steelers: 6 Lombardi Trophies
How many does your team have?

User Info: GageXandir

GageXandir
7 years ago#7
Wait tell the price drops too 3.00 ,like apf2k8 then kick the wall and scream out loud how you got took for paying that much.....
Eric Dickerson is the greatest of all time....

User Info: puddy

puddy
7 years ago#8
best $45 I have ever spent on a sports game!

User Info: Sparty_On

Sparty_On
7 years ago#9
I think it's a fun game with it's flaws I can't stand joy stick passing BB should use the bottons, kicking on kickoffs & punts are pretty bad for at least for me. Tackles are the great thing about the game & tackle ally as well. I say it's worth buying it but I would also say if your saving your money for NCAA or Madden then save and get BB when it is on sale. I agree it is love it or hate it type game.
  1. Boards
  2. Backbreaker
  3. is this game worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived