How is the statistical integrity?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Backbreaker
  3. How is the statistical integrity?

User Info: snakes_righteye

snakes_righteye
7 years ago#1
Ive been holding off on this game for this reason. I cant play Madden's franchise because the stats are terrible and player progression is worse. In Head Coach 09 the stats are so jacked up its funny.

How is player progression and statistical integrity in this game?
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!

User Info: dafreestyleking

dafreestyleking
7 years ago#2
There is no player progression in this game sadly. The only thing you can do is earn points by winning games, and you use these points to sign free agents. I haven't really payed any attention to stats.
My highlights:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UxvGg7nye0
horrible glitch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAlXwetiyEwz

User Info: hotrodder07

hotrodder07
7 years ago#3
It's...not good.

There's no player progression. You build your team through the draft in franchise mode. In Road to Backbreaker mode, you build it through gaining points and buying free agents.

The yardage stats are pretty good. Not the rest, though. I've noticed that WRs had over 500 yards, with a long of 99, and 0 TDs. That means he caught a 99 yard pass...and didn't score on the play. Stuff like that is there.
Steelers: 6 Lombardi Trophies
How many does your team have?

User Info: snakes_righteye

snakes_righteye
7 years ago#4
ouch...not so sure about this one
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!

User Info: Xerosnake90

Xerosnake90
7 years ago#5
QBs usually have terrible TD/INT ratios as well. 3rd down completions are ridiculous as well. I've played teams where they were 0/83 for third down completions and such. QBs having 2TD/13 INTs.
PSN/360GT: Xerosnake90 MGO: Xerosnake90

User Info: Neo_Sarevok

Neo_Sarevok
7 years ago#6

Xerosnake90 posted...
QBs usually have terrible TD/INT ratios as well. 3rd down completions are ridiculous as well. I've played teams where they were 0/83 for third down completions and such. QBs having 2TD/13 INTs.

Yea I did notice the 3rd down completion for a QB I was facing once. It seems the "sim" results are different from the "on-field" results because the same QB who had zero 3rd down completions all season put up five on me, so I wasn't sure whether to feel embarrassed or dismiss it as a part of the game. All in all, it's the online stats which are going to matter more.

It's no secret the passing A.I. is atrocious. If you're looking for a singleplayer experience, look elsewhere, but if you're adamant about enjoying the experience with an online buddy, it's awesome.

1. Boards
  2. Backbreaker
  3. How is the statistical integrity?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived