Rod of Trials not appering? I think I have a solution.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. Rod of Trials not appering? I think I have a solution.

User Info: jelash

jelash
5 years ago#1
(probably no one cares about this, but what the heck)

Similar topic was created once, a long time ago:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=943273&topic=43562362

In my case...
I'm playing on Path of Master Ninja difficulty, using invincible glitch (yeah... I know). If you heard about invincible glitch, then you probably know that you can't attack with your swords when glitch is activated, but you can toss ninjas with A+X buttons pressed at the same time.
Two types of enemies are here near Rod of Trials: ninjas with inc. shuriken (black cloth) and archers (white cloth). MrMikeMa is right - you need to kill archers first, then attack other. If you left archers, the one standing at top will disappear - I'm pretty sure that's the cause why Rod of Trials doesn't appear. I've tried this a few times and the result was always the same.
''I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I enforce it.'' (Zapp Brannigan; Futurama)

User Info: MurphysGhost

MurphysGhost
5 years ago#2
If any of the RoT fight enemies de-spawn it won't appear.

Can happen if archers get pushed too far up the steps- probably the safest bet is to leave them for last and handle the IS ninja in the corner by the tree. (Very easy to spam Guillotine Throw -> OT there. )

Sometimes while doing this the archers creep down far enough to take shots around the corner, then I might kill them and then back off again so the respawns come far enough down the steps to not risk a de-spawn.
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. Rod of Trials not appering? I think I have a solution.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived