Mission Mode help needed, topic will update over time

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. Mission Mode help needed, topic will update over time

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
5 years ago#1
Currently want to finish Mission 11, I want to beat the missions all the way to MN before heading to another one.

This is the one where you fight two Rasetsu with flying demons, then giant mechs, then small mechs, then the golden dragons with pill bugs, any tips? Stuck on Master Ninja.
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world

User Info: MurphysGhost

MurphysGhost
5 years ago#2
Usually right when the mission starts I pause and equip the Lunar and IS.

Then I head to the left and go in a circle dash-jumping and throwing IS, stopping to block the Rats' charge if they get close. Keep an eye on the combo count / kill score so you know when you tagged / killed a baby dragon (can be hard to see).

Whenever you get 1-2 baby dragons down use their essence for 360 ET and UT with the Lunar. Try to go after the weaker purple Rasetsu first since he'll die faster, and once there's only 1 Rats left it's much easier.

Next wave I think is the Mecha-Gelfs (big flying Mechs)? Switch to tonfa, kick the chest open, jump to the right of the chest and if you start an on-landing charge you should get a full UT charged just in time to nail the first one. If you're lucky a second will stumble into it, too. Chain Tonfa ET to kill them all pretty easily.

Hoverbots and walking machine gun mechs, you can spam windrun -> Flying Swallow on a walking mech to kill it (3-4 FS should do the trick.), then use the essence to chain Tonfa ETs on the other walking mechs. Once the hoverbots are alone you can deal with them you how you like, just be careful not to be stuck in a combo when they die. Tonfa stonebreaker loops (X+A Y A, repeat) are very safe.

Now upgrade Piercing Void and equip it, use the Scythe / Lunar / Tonfa and bow to keep the pillbugs clear and use all your Piercing Void ninpo to kill the dragons.

At least, that's how I beat this mission. The first wave with the Rasetsus is the hardest part.
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson

User Info: Robin_Mask

Robin_Mask
5 years ago#3
MurphysGhost posted...
Usually right when the mission starts I pause and equip the Lunar and IS.

Then I head to the left and go in a circle dash-jumping and throwing IS, stopping to block the Rats' charge if they get close. Keep an eye on the combo count / kill score so you know when you tagged / killed a baby dragon (can be hard to see).

Whenever you get 1-2 baby dragons down use their essence for 360 ET and UT with the Lunar. Try to go after the weaker purple Rasetsu first since he'll die faster, and once there's only 1 Rats left it's much easier.

Next wave I think is the Mecha-Gelfs (big flying Mechs)? Switch to tonfa, kick the chest open, jump to the right of the chest and if you start an on-landing charge you should get a full UT charged just in time to nail the first one. If you're lucky a second will stumble into it, too. Chain Tonfa ET to kill them all pretty easily.

Hoverbots and walking machine gun mechs, you can spam windrun -> Flying Swallow on a walking mech to kill it (3-4 FS should do the trick.), then use the essence to chain Tonfa ETs on the other walking mechs. Once the hoverbots are alone you can deal with them you how you like, just be careful not to be stuck in a combo when they die. Tonfa stonebreaker loops (X+A Y A, repeat) are very safe.

Now upgrade Piercing Void and equip it, use the Scythe / Lunar / Tonfa and bow to keep the pillbugs clear and use all your Piercing Void ninpo to kill the dragons.

At least, that's how I beat this mission. The first wave with the Rasetsus is the hardest part.

Thanks for the tips, just finished it on MN!

Now I'm thinking of doing the Boss Rush with Genshin at the end, any tips for this one?
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world

User Info: MurphysGhost

MurphysGhost
5 years ago#4
^ Valium.

I hate the bosses in this game. Never did that one on MN. :P

But if you take some cues from this guy... in theory it should be quite doable. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xatujcZkOJw

(Hey Kumarab! You still lurking somewhere here? ...)
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. Mission Mode help needed, topic will update over time

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived