What are the default control/buttons for ps2 controller?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tom Clancy's HAWX
  3. What are the default control/buttons for ps2 controller?

User Info: the_guerillas

the_guerillas
7 years ago#1
Please help...

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
7 years ago#2
You mean the setup that it "creates" by default when you plug the controller in? I honestly have no idea what it gives you; Why not just create your own so you know exactly what everything is? IIRC, the default setting left-out some pretty important buttons; and put others in a VERY awkward placement.

Sorry I can't answer your question; But if you want, I can post the configuration I'm using. I configured my controller myself to get the "most important" buttons in a comfortable/usable placement.
PC: C2DE8400|EP45-DS3L|4GB DDR2|HD4830|OCZ-500W|CM Cent. 534|ASUS 22"
PSP-1001 (+.[5.0M33-4]-:-), PS2s: 50K Fat (V9)/70K Slim(V12).

the_guerillas
7 years ago#3
Yes I agree with you, i asked this question because I feel little strange with the default controls from the game. The throttle button is set to "button 13", in fact, there are only 12 button in ps2 controller.. I think i have to find out myself the most comfortable setting for me.
Anyway, thanks for answering :)

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
7 years ago#4
Yeah, I don't know where it comes up with the schemes it does for "generic" or not "officially supported" controllers, seems kind random XD. I usually configure my controllers myself in games anyway; It's more of a personal comfort thing than anything...

If it helps you get started, here's the config. I'm using with my PS2 controller:
R2: Thrust
L2: Brake
L1: Yaw Left
R1: Yaw Right
X: Vulcan Cannon (Guns)
O: Fire Weapon
/\: Change Target/Zoom
[_]: Change View/Camera control
START: Radar/Tacmap toggle
SELECT: Assistance On/Off
Square+Right Analog: Rotate Camera
R3: Flares
Left Analog: Pitch/Roll
D-Pad UP: Cycle Weapon Up
D-Pad Down: Cycle Weapon Down
D-Pad Right: Wingman Attack
D-Pad Left: Wingman Defend

Obviously your preference will most likely vary from mine, but at least it's a starting point. Good luck! :P
Current Gaming rig;Built on 1-14-09:
Core2Duo-E8400 3.1GHz|Gigabyte EP45-DS3L|4GB Corsair DDR2|ASUS HD-4830 512MB|OCZ-500W|CM Centurion 534|ASUS 22"

the_guerillas
7 years ago#5
Okay,
That's really help...
Thanks! :)

User Info: Shloo

Shloo
7 years ago#6
awesome layout! takes a ton of time out of the trial and error process!
  1. Boards
  2. Tom Clancy's HAWX
  3. What are the default control/buttons for ps2 controller?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived