This game is boring as hell

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman: Absolution
  3. This game is boring as hell

User Info: atomsteele

atomsteele
4 years ago#21
I.e. a stickler for cannon and afraid of change Imo. Expecting a game to stick to a previously established formula without a real evolution in style or gameplay. If It were up to them every game would be a dIrect sequel of the prevIous game.These are generally the same people screaming.. "There's only one real Star Trek"...or..."This isn't a Hitman game!"

They will probably hide behind this definition from Wikipedia..." A purist is one who desires that an item remain true to its essence and free from adulterating or diluting influences."

The truth is closer to this...the Webster's dictionary version...." a person who adheres strictly and often excessively to a tradition...."

User Info: MlCKHEAD

MlCKHEAD
4 years ago#22
atomsteele posted...
I.e. a stickler for cannon and afraid of change Imo. Expecting a game to stick to a previously established formula without a real evolution in style or gameplay. If It were up to them every game would be a dIrect sequel of the prevIous game.These are generally the same people screaming.. "There's only one real Star Trek"...or..."This isn't a Hitman game!"

They will probably hide behind this definition from Wikipedia..." A purist is one who desires that an item remain true to its essence and free from adulterating or diluting influences."

The truth is closer to this...the Webster's dictionary version...." a person who adheres strictly and often excessively to a tradition...."

Change is good when the changes made are good. This changes made to this franchise are awful.
GT: MlCKHEAD (the 'I' is actually an 'L')

User Info: PostalDudesHere

PostalDudesHere
4 years ago#23
MlCKHEAD posted...
atomsteele posted...

Change is good when the changes made are good. This changes made to this franchise are awful.

the opinion of a known hater/troll doesn't mean much. every single change worked perfectly for what they wanted to do with the game. it's not their fault that you purists are so close-minded and can't enjoy anything that's not copy/paste.
bet you didn't think you'd die today? SURPRISE!

User Info: ShELbY_GT500

ShELbY_GT500
4 years ago#24
I cant really blame people for expecting Absolution to follow the original formula and then be let down by the changes. The original formula worked well. Most sequels to a last generation console that have been released on this gen console have all changed their formula and majority of them were not as good imo. Ill list a few that Im dissapointed in from experience:

FF XIII - Ive never played a game so linear in my entire life

Driver 5 - They added a whole bunch of repetative activities and gave us only a few story missions that was easy as hell which made the game feel too shallow

The Elder Scrolls - With each installment they are dumbing it dowb and with less original content

GTA IV - Sure the PHYSICS!!! Thats the only argument the GTA IV fanboys use, but apart from that the game took out most of the fun stuff I enjoyed

Ill admit when buying Absolution that I was expecting the same style as Silent Assassin but I atleast liked what was given to us.
Mess with the bull?...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcxb98pROb1r6r2k3o1_250.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman: Absolution
  3. This game is boring as hell

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived