Planning on restarting this tonight...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman: Absolution
  3. Planning on restarting this tonight...

User Info: Estabon1

Estabon1
2 years ago#1
My first time, I played through the china town level before I couldn't take it any more. Now, I'm going to be starting this over tonight I think, figure I'll give it another shot. What with a new game being announced and all, I can't have just 1 Hitman game I haven't finished. Reading this board really just makes me want to get the HD trilogy and skip this entry, but... buuuuh. Yeah. I'm not entirely sure the point of this topic, just a Hitman fan hoping this won't be as bad as I remember.
Man. First world problems. - atomsteele re. GTAV
GT: Shawn Batey

User Info: dustman123

dustman123
2 years ago#2
I recently played through the entire hd trilogy. Having played 2 and contracts when I was a lot younger, and therefore didn't understand the intricacies of a good hitman game. Blood money I played when I was a bit older and could better understand it. But after playing through them all again, I've gotta say I love those games. Absolutely love them. But absolution I played before the hd trilogy and I enjoyed it but I didn't have the perspective I do now. I'm playing through that again as well and I can see why people don't like this one. It's not the same game as the old ones but I take it for what it is and that's a more story driven hitman game than the previous entries. I wish it could have been more like the old ones but they tried something different and I don't think it necessarily failed. I just think the biggest purchasers of hitman games are die hard hitman fans and this entry tried to reach a broader audience. Reading IO's open letter fills me with how that the next title will go back to its roots but I wouldn't want to discount absolution so much so as to just forget about it. It's a unique perspective that they tried and I definitely hope making this game helped them figure out how to fine tune the next one.

Tl; dr. It's not as good as previous titles but I don't think it's nearly as bad as people make it out to be.
"Yeah, well, that's just like... your opinion, man. " - The Dude
GT: PrivateDomicle
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman: Absolution
  3. Planning on restarting this tonight...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived