Did they just turn the game into Splinter Cell?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman: Absolution
  3. Did they just turn the game into Splinter Cell?

User Info: Thuggles

Thuggles
4 years ago#1
I haven't played it yet, but from the videos that's exactly what it looks like. I mean, I'm a huge fan of both series, but Hitman is Hitman. Tell me I'm wrong.

(also insert obligatory "should I buy it" here.)
Steam ID: thuggles

User Info: warlord78

warlord78
4 years ago#2
No they didn't. I really like the changes they have made, though I was never a "true" Hitman fan. It's one of my favorite games this year, I imagine only second to FarCry 3.
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer

User Info: runwhen_useeme

runwhen_useeme
4 years ago#3
For sure. They took a lot from Conviction...and that isn't a good thing.

Still, the game has just enough Hitman moments to keep you pushing the tons of trash in between.

User Info: warlord78

warlord78
4 years ago#4
They certainly borrowed elements from other games, but hearing people complain makes me think I'm playing a different game.
Think of Clevos as being what Mac owners think they have. - Exiled_Overseer

User Info: Pal 080

Pal 080
4 years ago#5
Videos make it look a lot more like Splinter Cell than actually playing the game. It's not at all like SC really, except the one ability that mimics the tagging/executing of multiple targets, as seen in Conviction (and your not playing like a "real" Hitman if you're relying on that move).

It's different from other HItman games, but more like it's predecessors than a Splinter Cell game, and more in line with it's predecessors than Conviction was for the SC franchise.
"If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate"

User Info: gamesrgreat

gamesrgreat
4 years ago#6
For sure. They took a lot from Conviction...and that isn't a good thing.

Still, the game has just enough Hitman moments to keep you pushing the tons of trash in between.

Yep
D-Jesus, Christ Bosh, King James 3:16
The Miami Heat 2012 Champs- Miller Time

User Info: jivedj

jivedj
4 years ago#7
Pretty close; even with a disguise, you have to stay out of peoples line of sight which makes the disguises more cumbersome than useful IMO. May as well just stay in the suit.

User Info: James Mason

James Mason
4 years ago#8
I do admit I end up using the suit more and more... As the disguises often get you into more trouble than no disguises.
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN/MGO ID : Stealth_Cobra | MGO Character : Stealth_Viper

User Info: colis12

colis12
4 years ago#9
It's the vibe I get when playing, I don't even bother with disguises anymore...seriously all I do is just hide behind cover...roll...roll some more till I get to the next loading screen. On levels with a target I still don't even bother with disguises because it is SO easy to have your cover blown so it just comes down to a lot of trial and error and reloading checkpoints...so I stay in the suit...get caught...reload till I get to the target and use the obvious option to take them out...easy silent assassin..
pie good

User Info: azulmono55

azulmono55
4 years ago#10
Granted, I haven't got too far into the story at all (I'm only on the third level, the one after Chinatown) but those people saying "Oh I don't even bother with disguises any more" are exaggerating hugely. It gets MUCH easier to get around if you're wearing a disguise, as there hasn't seemed to ever be a room in which you're required to cross filled with only 1 type of NPC and they're the only ones who are allowed there. Only in that situation would wearing a disguise not be beneficial.

EDIT: I should add, I went straight to playing on Expert as I didn't like the idea of moving up a difficulty and having to totally rethink my strategy due to some added guards.
BF3 Platoon for Skid Loader lovers - The Skid Loader Club:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241192792365/
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman: Absolution
  3. Did they just turn the game into Splinter Cell?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived