I've never even heard about this game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard
  3. I've never even heard about this game

User Info: malachite125

malachite125
9 years ago#1
And the second one is out 0.o
How is it? I watched a few gameplay trailers on youtube and it seems like a pretty good dungeon-crawling rpg. Am I right? Anybody able to give me a decent review for somebody who's new to the genre?
>__>!

User Info: DragonShogun77

DragonShogun77
9 years ago#2
Its tough. It's old school. Not for the faint of heart.

User Info: MR_Soren

MR_Soren
9 years ago#3
It's a modern take on a classic dungeon crawl.

It's above average in difficulty. You make your characters and party from scratch, assign skills as you choose, equip your team, and head into the dungeon. While in the dungeon, you explore, fight monsters, and map your progress using the stylus on the bottom screen. Kinda like graph paper in the old days.

The game's main draws are the character and party customization and the mapping system. This is not a story-driven game, but it does have some story and a lot of flavor. It's a good example of it's genre and no experience is needed to play the sequel, so pick it up and try it out if it sounds interesting.
Red Grenades Explode Bigger

User Info: malachite125

malachite125
9 years ago#4
I might pick it up... but there's so many good DS games coming out! With Guitar Hero: On Tour, Mega Man Star Force 2 and Final Fantasy Tactics: A2 all coming out, I'm going to be pressed for game money...
>__>!

User Info: ItsHip2BSquare

ItsHip2BSquare
9 years ago#5
I agree Malachite... Summon Night, Tactics A2, This and Megaman all came/come out at the mid/end of June... So many games, so little time!

Plus, Izuna 2 comes out at the end of July!
Do Lipton employees take coffee breaks? Cubivore and PSO I & II forever!! MegaMan Member #3
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard
  3. I've never even heard about this game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived