Obligatory "My First Etrian Odyssey" First Party Rating/Advice

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard
  3. Obligatory "My First Etrian Odyssey" First Party Rating/Advice

User Info: JackBrahms

JackBrahms
9 years ago#1
As a disclaimer, I've done some browsing through the threads, and looked at some of the things people have said about the newly rebalanced classes, and this is my idea for my first party.

Landsknecht / Protector / (Combat) Medic
Alchemist / Troubadour

While I've heard that Protectors have been nerfed to a certain degree, I also hear that they are useful to a certain degree. The advice to use Medic is obvious, as the game seems difficult enough to warrant a dedicated healer. If I have too much difficulty with a combat medic I can move them to the back row as time goes on. Troubadour is an excellent buffer, and Alchemists are great with elemental damage. I chose a Landsknecht as a dedicated attacker and for the 'chase' abilities in conjunction with the Alchemist's raw elemental power for bosses.

That said, I have a few issues with this party. The first is that it feels a little too specialized and generic- I wouldn't mind spicing it up a bit with some of the more unique classes. The second is the use of the protector, who I hear is not as useful this time. I have heard that the Beast class is an excellent alternative, but I'd still love some opinions.

Again, while I have never played the Etrian Odyssey games before, I have beaten some harder RPGs with roguelike elements, such as Persona 3 and the main Shin Megami Tensei games.

User Info: Unit537

Unit537
9 years ago#2
Don't take my advice because I haven't played this one yet but it seems to me a Beast or Gunner could take the place of a protecter, and a war magis over a mage if you want more characters that can attack, yet heal... but I still have no clue so... yeah

User Info: DragonShogun77

DragonShogun77
9 years ago#3
I am currently testing out Landshark, Dark Hunter, Hexer, Gunner, Medic
Landshark - axes atm, but only going enough for counter then will go swords.
Dark Hunter - whip. viper and bindings
Hexer - curses lowers defense and speed.
Gunner - ele dmg or help bind
Medic - devoted healer.

I feel this is a better party than what I had. So far I haven't missed dropping my Protector.
In a fight where a enemy doesnt fall over after a couple hits, this party in theory will still own.

User Info: AllSystemsGo

AllSystemsGo
9 years ago#4
Devote your healer to pure healing. Combat Medics are only viable mid to late game. Mid game is even pushing it.
http://www.last.fm/user/System813/
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a3/TDDx8/paulbikini2.gif

User Info: Darkastral

Darkastral
9 years ago#5
I am currently testing out Landshark, Dark Hunter, Hexer, Gunner, Medic
Landshark - axes atm, but only going enough for counter then will go swords.
Dark Hunter - whip. viper and bindings
Hexer - curses lowers defense and speed.
Gunner - ele dmg or help bind
Medic - devoted healer.

xD

that's basically my party, except I'm using a ronin instead of a Landshark
Brawl FC: 1848 1791 9441
Ganon hits like a freakin bus full of fat people - LeeHarris
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard
  3. Obligatory "My First Etrian Odyssey" First Party Rating/Advice

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived