The Raters At ESRB Content Rating Is A Little Off.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard
  3. The Raters At ESRB Content Rating Is A Little Off.

User Info: plagamesforeva

plagamesforeva
9 years ago#1
Etrian Odyssey: Heroes of Lagaard

Rated (Everyone) E10+
Alcohol Reference
Mild Fantasy Violence
Mild Language
Suggestive Themes

Etrian Odyssey

Rated (Teen) T
Blood
Mild Fantasy Violence
Mild Suggestive Themes

I guess the first game got a higher rating because of blood? Wouldn't/ Shouldn't parents be more concerned about alcohol references rather then digial blood which may not be much since itis on a little old DS screen?

As far as I am concerned, nothing should affect a child IF he/ she was taught right from wrong at childhood.

Maybe it is me, but the rating seems off. Makes no sense.

User Info: Mysterio95014

Mysterio95014
9 years ago#2
Well of course parents don't really care much about alcohol reference because they know their kids are going to be drinking before the legal age anyways.
"If there are truly evil in this world, it lies in the hearts of mankind" (Tales of Phantasia)

plagamesforeva
9 years ago#3
Lol.... I guess. Lol..... I'm not a parent and would not worry about "the evils" of games destroying my (future) kids, but I think the whole emphasis on blood in video games is ridiculous. And by that, I mean, having the inclusion of blood causes the rating of said game to be higher.

I can't believe parents are so frighten of red-digital blood on animated characters that are NOT real. Lol..... What do they think will happen to their kids if they happen to see digital blood??

There are so many other things in this world to worry about.

User Info: DragonShogun77

DragonShogun77
9 years ago#4
I can't name you one game I cared about any ESRB rating. The higher the better! Bring it on!!

plagamesforeva
9 years ago#5
^
I could care less too. I just thought that that was interesting, thats all. Lol.....

User Info: DragonShogun77

DragonShogun77
9 years ago#6
Maybe if we're lucky one of these days AO or heck even M rated games will be plenty.
  1. Boards
  2. Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard
  3. The Raters At ESRB Content Rating Is A Little Off.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived