More story branches, more COs... just more.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. More story branches, more COs... just more.

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
2 years ago#1
A custom CO-maker to start the game would have been fun. (Taking select parts of existing or previous COs -- not even all their abilities would have to be available -- makes things interesting.)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943675-advance-wars-days-of-ruin/66792201#34

Also, is there anywhere that has published/images of custom AW:DoR maps out there? I've been making a few of my own, but for the most part they're boring cubes or horribly derisive of IRL maps and I'd like some inspiration. (Also wishing the DS had a RJ45 adapter or I had a better hub.)
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

User Info: GoaFan77

GoaFan77
2 years ago#2
Well now that DS internet has been shut down (though Days of Ruin is supported by some fan hack server), you probably can't download any more maps. I have all 50 of my maps used

One of my favorite maps I made was nothing but a series of bridges and buildings in a giant sea, the idea being the battle was being fought on a series of connected oil platforms. Great if you love combined air/land/sea battles since all units can go on 99% of the map (poor sea units just can't go on buildings that aren't ports).
"How ridiculous and how strange to be surprised at anything which happens in life!"

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
2 years ago#3
Pako Pako posted...
A custom CO-maker to start the game would have been fun. (Taking select parts of existing or previous COs -- not even all their abilities would have to be available -- makes things interesting.)

It's pretty doable, to be honest.

I've been working on it in my spare time - I've got one set up for Advance Wars 2 and I reckon I'm not too far off being able to do one for AWDS utilising the Skills equip system.

http://forums.warsworldnews.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13526

That being said, I'm still poking around the edges of Days of Ruin and Dual Strike. It still shares the same basic structures as the previous games but a bit different due to being on the NDS.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.

Pako Pako
2 years ago#4
GoaFan77 posted...
Well now that DS internet has been shut down (though Days of Ruin is supported by some fan hack server), you probably can't download any more maps. I have all 50 of my maps used

I was hoping there was a visual repository like what AdvanceWarsNet had -- pictures that you had to recreate on your own system rather than DL through a dead ladder service.

My custom maps are fairly boring; a lot of "square" 4P maps, a series of long drag strip maps, a replica of the Zelda II map, and a recplica of Europe circa WW2.

Xenesis Xenon posted...
I've been working on it in my spare time - I've got one set up for Advance Wars 2 and I reckon I'm not too far off being able to do one for AWDS utilising the Skills equip system.

http://forums.warsworldnews.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13526

I remember that -- I remember you had a cool YouTube clip of Tasha with Eagle's COP (though it affected all units).

Pako Pako
2 years ago#5
Is there a PC map-editor for AW:DoR as there is for AW2/AWDS?

Xenesis Xenon
2 years ago#6
Pako Pako posted...
Is there a PC map-editor for AW:DoR as there is for AW2/AWDS?

If you're going to do some modding, yes.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.

Pako Pako
2 years ago#7
Nuts. I was still hoping that the road would lead to an online map repository.

Xenesis Xenon
2 years ago#8
Pako Pako posted...
Nuts. I was still hoping that the road would lead to an online map repository.

That's still doable, just not yet.

User Info: ZoqFotPik

ZoqFotPik
2 years ago#9
Why not just load something onto AWN? (Or load it online somewhere; wrestling games have CAW sites, even obscure games like Fire 'n Ice and Lolo/Eggerland have places to share ideas)
I am not the FOT!
~~the Zoq, the Fot & the Pik~~

User Info: Hulkkis

Hulkkis
2 years ago#10
would be about time for a new Advance wars game.
I dont care if its this world, the cartoon one or a new one.
I just want a new AW.
"South-Korea is the only nation whose national sport has a sequel."
-Disc
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. More story branches, more COs... just more.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived