Advance Wars hack with 2000$ Infantry (and perhaps other re-balancings)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. Advance Wars hack with 2000$ Infantry (and perhaps other re-balancings)

User Info: madspunky

madspunky
2 years ago#1
Howdy,

Not sure if such a thing exists, but one of my biggest problems with Advance Wars is how powerful infantry is. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've always found their worth to be more around 2000, maybe even 2500 credits.

Are there any hacks that have changed this amount? Or perhaps rebalanced other issues? Mechs and Missile Launchers I also find too expensive, just to name something else.

User Info: DemonKingu

DemonKingu
2 years ago#2
There's a bunch of hacks which have tried to re-balance infantry, among other units. I'm pretty sure that warsworldnews.com holds by far the biggest library of hacks and mods to the AW games. Check it out and see if there's something you like!
http://www.warsworldnews.com | Advance Wars website and community
Visit our IRC channel: http://embed.mibbit.com/?server=cthulhu.arg-irc.net&channel=%23wwn

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
2 years ago#3
I haven't personally done much (as I do most of the hacking at the moment), but DoR is pretty easy to mod. Depending on what you're looking for in particular, I could probably help you out (but on WWN would be easiest).
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.

User Info: madspunky

madspunky
2 years ago#4
Hey thanks, I'll take a moment to look at these hacks! I haven't found one which rebalances Infantry, but there's a lot to look into!

User Info: GoaFan77

GoaFan77
2 years ago#5
Hey, they used to be only $1000 until this one. :p
"How ridiculous and how strange to be surprised at anything which happens in life!"
Board 8 Random Battle League Pokemon Champion (Season 1)

User Info: qzecwx

qzecwx
2 years ago#6
^
Pretty sure he was talking about the older games from the start. See, "Mechs [...] I also find too expensive."
Anyway, I don't think a price increase is very good answer, since it doesn't address the root of the problem. I can only imagine that if you applied this to AWBW/DS, you wouldn't build any less infantry. You still need tons of them for capturing and shielding, they'd just drain more of your budget and force you to build less of anything else. DoR only fixed them with a combination of bikes and rewriting the damage and CO power formulas.
A simpler solution that doesn't require a total rebuild of the system might be increasing the base damage every unit has against infantry. Start with like 75% for other infantry then keep working your way up.
I dunno, I just like telling people that they like bad games.
~Is_Corrupted
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. Advance Wars hack with 2000$ Infantry (and perhaps other re-balancings)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived