Advance wars dead series?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. Advance wars dead series?

User Info: MaKd

MaKd
2 years ago#1
I'm trying to get all the medals in both the DS games and I'm going back to the 2 GBA games to finish any levels i didnt S rank.

How are the GB games and the SNES version? Theres even the NES version.
Platinum Trophies - Dead Space, Uncharted 2, COD: Black Ops, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Dead Space 2, Uncharted 3

User Info: DemonKingu

DemonKingu
2 years ago#2
There are a few people who swear by GameBoy Wars. It did feature some unique things, like the hex grid and several unique units, which I guess makes it nice to check out. SFW is probably only fun to see the history behind this game, but I don't think it aged quite as well. Battles are very sluggish and maps are quite often of relatively poor design. I wouldn't even bother with the NES game, to be honest.

For all the history behind the Wars series, it's mainly the GBA and DS games that have that timeless quality about them which makes them the classics that they are today.
http://www.warsworldnews.com | Advance Wars website and community
Visit our IRC channel: http://embed.mibbit.com/?server=cthulhu.arg-irc.net&channel=%23wwn

User Info: GoaFan77

GoaFan77
2 years ago#3
There are three series Nintendo needs to resurrect for me to start caring about it again. Metroid, Advance Wars, and F-Zero.
"How ridiculous and how strange to be surprised at anything which happens in life!"
Board 8 Random Battle League Pokemon Champion (Season 1)

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
2 years ago#4
Don't play the NES game. It's genuinely bad.

The GB/GBC games are interesting, but have a really bad interface and are maybe worth playing once for novelty, but they're missing that something that the GBA/DS games have.

The SNES game is competent, but it's simple and has aged badly. Neat music though (and the origins of the much more pervasive CO system).
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.

User Info: GipFace

GipFace
1 year ago#5
Super Famicom Wars is the only pre-AW Wars game that has a base damage chart similar to AW. But with simultaneous fire and 4+ bases on every map, combined with weak air units, it devolved to infantry+artillery spam.

User Info: MaKd

MaKd
1 year ago#6
thanks for the info.

I'll stick to the GBA and DS games.
Hopefully they bring back this amazing series.
Platinum Trophies - Dead Space, Uncharted 2, COD: Black Ops, Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Dead Space 2, Uncharted 3
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. Advance wars dead series?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Best CO Unit(s) for every COSgt_Brown1310/8 5:33PM