CPU vs CPU

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: DreadedGhoul575

DreadedGhoul575
1 year ago#1
I like watching cpu battles I do, and I like that they balanced the AI in Fog of War (they don't cheat, where they instantly attack your unit without them actually seeing it). Does anyone know of any other games that have this? Any xbox 360, pc or wii-u games.

Note I use an emulator for dual strike and days of ruin/dark conflict.

Thanks.

P.S I'll reply if I have them.

User Info: jagddorsa

jagddorsa
1 year ago#2
You could do this in the Civilization series, at least the main PC entries. There are DS and 360 versions of Civilization Revolution, I have both, but have played the DS version mostly. I'm fairly certain neither console version allows AI vs AI though.

I know I've played other games where you could do AI vs AI, but I can't think of any at the moment.
XBL & Youtube: ReiDevJord / Xfire & Steam: jefejefejefe / 3DS: 1461-6478-9481 /ACNL Town: Disaster
MKWii: http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Jefe

DreadedGhoul575
1 year ago#3
jagddorsa posted...
You could do this in the Civilization series, at least the main PC entries. There are DS and 360 versions of Civilization Revolution, I have both, but have played the DS version mostly. I'm fairly certain neither console version allows AI vs AI though.

I know I've played other games where you could do AI vs AI, but I can't think of any at the moment.

Thank you, which ones are on the pc? :)

User Info: jagddorsa

jagddorsa
1 year ago#4
All of the other versions of Civ are on PC. I have both Civ IV and V, both are wonderful, but V has a lot of improvements that I really like over IV. In either case, I would buy the game while it is on sale.

Both games are best with their expanded content, For Civ V, I recommend the complete edition which includes both of its expansions and all other extra content. It's been on sale as low as $12.50 on Steam, so just keep an eye out.
XBL & Youtube: ReiDevJord / Xfire & Steam: jefejefejefe / 3DS: 1461-6478-9481 /ACNL Town: Disaster
MKWii: http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Jefe

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
1 year ago#5
Several fighting games have CPU vs CPU (or "watch modes") if you're into that genre.
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

DreadedGhoul575
1 year ago#6
Pako Pako posted...
Several fighting games have CPU vs CPU (or "watch modes") if you're into that genre.

Yeah, I have some. Perhaps you could list them and I'll say if I have them? :)

User Info: ZoqFotPik

ZoqFotPik
1 year ago#7
The three SNES Ranma 1/2 fighting games (the first was bastardized into English, the 2nd translated into English)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighter (all platforms I think)
Yu Yu Hakusho (Super Famicom) a cinematic fighting game (think... Pokemon Stadium)
I think there was a way to do this in Super Street Fighter II (SNES)

Crap, I remember there were almost 9 or 10...
I am not the FOT!
~~the Zoq, the Fot & the Pik~~

DreadedGhoul575
1 year ago#8
ZoqFotPik posted...
The three SNES Ranma 1/2 fighting games (the first was bastardized into English, the 2nd translated into English)
Yu Yu Hakusho (Super Famicom) a cinematic fighting game (think... Pokemon Stadium)

Thanks, much appreciated :)

DreadedGhoul575
1 year ago#9
ZoqFotPik posted...

I looked them all up, and I only found that Street Fighter 2 has it. Btw, it doesn't just have to be fighting games, it can be any genre.

User Info: ZoqFotPik

ZoqFotPik
1 year ago#10
DreadedGhoul575 posted...
I looked them all up, and I only found that Street Fighter 2 has it. Btw, it doesn't just have to be fighting games, it can be any genre.
I downloaded those titles and the others do have CPU vs CPU... just in obtuse ways.

Ranma 1/2: Hard Battle - You have to use a code to set both players to be CPU before the fight begins.

TMNT: TF - Has "watch mode".

Ranma 1/2: Chogi Ranbuhen (the 3rd fighter on the SNES) - Lets you set CPU vs CPU in the options menu; once you enter VS mode (not tag-team), the characters you select will brawl on their own.

I'll have to look through my library more thoroughly to see if games like Conflict/Super Conflict support CPU vs CPU. (Like Archon or Battle Chess.)
I am not the FOT!
~~the Zoq, the Fot & the Pik~~

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived