This game deserves more!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. This game deserves more!

User Info: BadHabits

BadHabits
1 year ago#1
I really hate it when other people prefer the imbalanced game(looking at you Dual Strike) than the harder and challenging game.Eventhough DoR is way different and difficult compared to the first 3 games,DoR has the best multiplayer function compared to Dual Strike.Also the game requires more strategy for you to achieve A or S Ranks on Campaign.Also the plot of this game is more detailed compared to the last games.But again there are these people who prefer the cartoon graphics than the epic storyline of this game which a AW fan should never miss out.

Your thoughts everyone?

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
1 year ago#2
The game needed more COs.

Maybe a slight re-balancing, but really, just more. (Which is probably why people like the cartoony high-paced style of AW:DS )
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

BadHabits
1 year ago#3
Pako Pako posted...
The game needed more COs.

Maybe a slight re-balancing, but really, just more. (Which is probably why people like the cartoony high-paced style of AW:DS )

Also one thing I really hate is the Tank Matchup of this game.A regular tank can do a decent to MD Tank which I really find annoying.But I really like that they remove the Neotank though.

User Info: 4Umwhere

4Umwhere
1 year ago#4
The music is simply outstanding. Favourite theme is Gage, Brenner, and Forsythe.

Don't really know why people prefer dual strike. It's fun but not as epic and engaging. Every single campaign battle was fun in this game. It's also balanced and has none of that tag CO power (so unfair). Not many SRPG as good as this one.

Think we'll get another AW? I get that FE is popular but I personally enjoy AW more. Maybe for NX launch I hope.
Broke GBA in a fit of rage
Thanks Pokemon Emerald.

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
1 year ago#5
4Umwhere posted...
Not many SRPG as good as this one.

Best in a genre that it's not even a part of! :D

Ribbing aside, AWDoR is an absolutely fantastic game. The things that I think hurt it in the end were that they were scared to introduce CO use until the campaign was half over (so all of us playing weren't very good at it when it mattered by missions like Waylon Flies Again and Lab Rats), they didn't have a Hard Campaign as a challenge mode, too many of the War Room maps were also CO-Less and that the EU translation was about as dry as it gets.

On the multiplayer front, the map selection was poor for random, and the inability to set turn timers in friend mode was less than appealing.

The 'reboot' part of it caused some problems, but the game is great on a fundamental level so most of the people who gave it a chance enjoyed it at the very least.

I'm pretty sure that AW is dead for now, though. We're in the 3DS' twilight and we haven't even heard rumour that a new game is coming. It wasn't popular in Japan for a variety of reasons so I don't see much push for the very Japan-centric Nintendo to push for another one.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

BadHabits
1 year ago#6
4Umwhere posted...

Don't really know why people prefer dual strike. It's fun but not as epic and engaging. Every single campaign battle was fun in this game. It's also balanced and has none of that tag CO power (so unfair).

You call the last mission fun?

BadHabits
1 year ago#7

I'm pretty sure that AW is dead for now.
Totally agree with this. Because adding a sequel to the DS Installments is getting irrelevant IMO.But if they do,I think Dual Strike's plot can still be continued because of the fact thatHawke's whereabouts were still unknown.Who knows?Hawke can always revive the Black Hole by Von Bolt's Wheel Chair

User Info: Tisroero

Tisroero
1 year ago#8
BadHabits posted...
4Umwhere posted...

Don't really know why people prefer dual strike. It's fun but not as epic and engaging. Every single campaign battle was fun in this game. It's also balanced and has none of that tag CO power (so unfair).

You call the last mission fun?

A lil' easy, but add me to the folks who liked it.
'Cause we are fire, 'cause we are wave, 'cause we are rock. We're one, we are Helvetios.

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
1 year ago#9
BadHabits posted...
I really hate it when other people prefer the imbalanced game(looking at you Dual Strike) than the harder and challenging game.Eventhough DoR is way different and difficult compared to the first 3 games,DoR has the best multiplayer function compared to Dual Strike.Also the game requires more strategy for you to achieve A or S Ranks on Campaign.

Not really.

DoR's Campaign is built in such a way that once you understand how the scoring works differently from earlier AW titles, it's practically impossible to get B or less in Campaign missions unless you deliberately try to ruin your score. What with scores now having 150 max points yet S ranks still requiring just 300, it's mind-blowing how easy S-ranking stuff is.

As a good example: Every AW before this has a few missions that were an utter pain to S-rank. AW1 AC maps, Liberation HC/Drake's Dilemma/Great Sea Battle/Final Front in AW2 and Crystal Calamity in Dual Strike are the most glaring examples, but even besides them there are several scattered here and there where I would easily be relegated to an A-rank by slipping up somewhere.

This game? The most infamous Campaign map would be Waylon Flies Again. I've seen complaints about this map's difficulty everywhere. I myself bumbled through it on my first attempt, taking an atrocious 40 days to clear it. Still an S rank.

Sure, there are easy maps and hard maps, and the general difficulty of this game might be harder except for AW1. But S-ranking? It never got easier than this.

Besides that, I agree with what Xenesis said as well; the CO mechanic, despite being such a core mechanic to the game, was introduced way, way, way too late at a point where many COs have already become permanently ineligible for it due to plot reasons. And even afterwards several of the War Room missions were CO-less, and there was no Hard Campaign, either. All of this makes the singleplayer aspect comparatively bland, and confers less replay value to it.

I liked this game, and yes, it has great multiplayer value. Singleplayer though? Plot aside, I'd take Dual Strike or AW2 over this one, anytime.
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/73284974

User Info: SkyLey

SkyLey
1 year ago#10
It wasn't popular in Japan for a variety of reasons so I don't see much push for the very Japan-centric Nintendo to push for another one.

what are those reasons?
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. This game deserves more!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived