Best AI Settings and Characters?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. Best AI Settings and Characters?

User Info: DreadedGhoul575

DreadedGhoul575
9 months ago#11
Xenesis Xenon posted...
All-Out is a really bad AI because it attacks while ignoring anything else in its path. It makes CO snipes and whatnot incredibly easy.

The other three AIs are mostly okay, but they're all pretty poor at using their CO unit which unfortunately a lot of the good gameplay comes from.

As far as CO strength goes, the tier list from earlier is based around 1v1 competitive play, for Vs AI some COs use their CO units a lot better than others. Any of the stat-ball COs tend to work better for the AI because they're hopeless at keeping their CO Unit alive if they need to trigger CO Powers.

Yeah, someone told me that defense was the best, since it defends; honestly, I tested them all and didn't notice anything different between the different AI modes.

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
9 months ago#12
DreadedGhoul575 posted...
Yeah, someone told me that defense was the best, since it defends; honestly, I tested them all and didn't notice anything different between the different AI modes.

Defence is considered the best because it doesn't blindly charge into indirect firing range. The other two consider it to an extent, while All-out ignores it completely. Beyond that they're all not particularly strong AIs.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

User Info: DreadedGhoul575

DreadedGhoul575
9 months ago#13
Xenesis Xenon posted...
DreadedGhoul575 posted...

Defence is considered the best because it doesn't blindly charge into indirect firing range. The other two consider it to an extent, while All-out ignores it completely. Beyond that they're all not particularly strong AIs.

Yeah, well it is an old game I guess. I like watching AI battles in any game; I'm currently watching Killer Instinct's AIs fight.

User Info: BlanketPI

BlanketPI
9 months ago#14
Huh. I guess because I'm so used to being cautious, All-Out was harder for me, since it pushed me out of my comfort zone. I still think that Defense is bad, if only because it lets me take a lot of properties from it and gives me the initiative.

But I guess I also play with Fog of War on. Does that change it at all? I read that the AI in this game knows where all of my units are, even if they often bump into ones they aren't supposed to see, but.... Regardless, I just tried it out with Attack, rather than All-Out, and it was definitely better, albeit, not wonderful. I think if you want to have a good fight with an AI, you've got to give it an advantage, whether being a better spot on the map, waiting a turn or more before acting (and being last player to boot), putting it on a team, or something else.

That's true that teams and free-for-alls change things, but I'm not sure how much? I imagine that defense is boosted a little, but that assumes that one's partner uses a "generic" CO, and not one which is also defensive (since defense has more trouble pushing forward). I also didn't mention which type of map it is: air maps obviously favor Waylon and Tasha, while hurting Gage, Will, and Lin, while naval maps benefit Gage, Greyfield, and Tabitha, while hurting Will, Lin, Waylon, and Tasha. (I obviously didn't list all changes, but in general...)
Sorry, can't talk; switching feet!
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. Best AI Settings and Characters?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived