About to buy this game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. About to buy this game

User Info: cyanidesky

cyanidesky
11 months ago#1
After all these years, do you think it would be enjoyable to play it without multiplayer?
I'm a fan of Etrian, DQ and Fire Emblem. Would i like it?
Thanks in advance.
Black-bearded Pirate that needs some sweet loving and is staying away from alcohol.

User Info: DemonKingu

DemonKingu
11 months ago#2
Whether or not you'll like it I can't really decide for you. That's only for you to find out. What I can say, though, is that this game has enough single-player content to keep you occupied. It's only when compared to the extreme amount of single-player and bonus content that Dual Strike had, that this game seems to be lacking. Sure, the multiplayer content for this game was hands-down the best any Wars game has ever had, but that doesn't really mean the rest wasn't up to par.

All in all, it's probably not too expensive these days, so why not give it a shot?
http://www.warsworldnews.com | Advance Wars website and community
Visit our IRC channel: http://embed.mibbit.com/?server=cthulhu.arg-irc.net&channel=%23wwn

User Info: cyanidesky

cyanidesky
11 months ago#3
If you could only buy one, between this and Dual Strike, which would you chose?
Black-bearded Pirate that needs some sweet loving and is staying away from alcohol.

User Info: MalcolmMasher

MalcolmMasher
11 months ago#4
If you like Fire Emblem gameplay, I think you'll enjoy Advance Wars; they're both turn-based tactical games by Intelligent Systems. Fire Emblem is a RPG series while Advance Wars is not, of course, but there's enough overlap for me to be comfortable recommending AW.

If the servers were still up, I would suggest DoR if multiplayer interests you, but they aren't and the question is moot. I think Days of Ruin is overall superior in terms of gameplay, but Dual Strike has substantially more gameplay to offer.
I don't like this duchy. Now, it's an adventurer.

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
11 months ago#5
Did DoR require Nintendo servers for matching service, or could players play peer-to-peer?
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
10 months ago#6
Pako Pako posted...
Did DoR require Nintendo servers for matching service, or could players play peer-to-peer?

The game had Nintendo Wifi Connection online multiplayer and used GameSpy for matchmaking, and went down when all the other Nintendo Wii/DS online services went down. The gameplay is entirely peer-to-peer though once a match started, like a huge majority of Nintendo games.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

Pako Pako
10 months ago#7
Aw. Does this also limit local games over WiFi?

User Info: BJW1990

BJW1990
10 months ago#8
Pako Pako posted...
Aw. Does this also limit local games over WiFi?

Local games are entirely offline. Those are still playable. You can also all play taking turns with one DS.

Pako Pako
10 months ago#9
BJW1990 posted...
Local games are entirely offline. Those are still playable. You can also all play taking turns with one DS.
You mean there aren't any exclusive cart-to-cart maps?

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
10 months ago#10
Pako Pako posted...
You mean there aren't any exclusive cart-to-cart maps?

Nope. Never have been either. (Outside of uh, AWDS' Combat Mode).
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. About to buy this game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Best CO Unit(s) for every COSgt_Brown1310/8 5:33PM