Who's the Good and Bad?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. Who's the Good and Bad?

User Info: DreadedGhoul575

DreadedGhoul575
9 months ago#1
Just curious, since I tried looking it up, but couldn't find much.

User Info: BJW1990

BJW1990
9 months ago#2
Are you talking about a tier list? I think this was the last one ever made.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943675-advance-wars-days-of-ruin/57021157

User Info: DreadedGhoul575

DreadedGhoul575
9 months ago#3
Sorry lol, I meant the plot of the characters. I guess I could ask your opinions of the AI and which characters have the best AI, the best maps, settings for the AI etc.

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
9 months ago#4
Eh, it's a little bit muddy but, the COs from the Red and Blue armies are mostly the good guys, while the COs from the Yellow and Black armies are mostly the bad guys.

BJW1990 posted...
Are you talking about a tier list? I think this was the last one ever made.

There were revisions after that, but the only real difference was that Forsythe and Tabitha swapped positions, as did Penny and Tasha.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

User Info: BJW1990

BJW1990
9 months ago#5
Xenesis Xenon posted...
There were revisions after that, but the only real difference was that Forsythe and Tabitha swapped positions, as did Penny and Tasha.

Really? I can't find any info about that. Even the tier list thread on WarsWorld is the same.

Did Tabitha actually drop into underpowered, with Forsythe rising to fair? Or did one of them just move into the other's tier?

Xenesis Xenon
9 months ago#6
I went and double-checked. Turns out I'm misremembering.

It's 40ºC and my brain is cooked hahaha.

Tasha and Penny did jostle around for a bit, but I don't think any formal tiering adjustments were done in the end. Tabitha/Forsythe remained as is, but they're basically the borderline for the tier jump.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

User Info: ZoqFotPik

ZoqFotPik
9 months ago#7
But the tier changes were only because of the new wave of custom maps?
I am not the FOT!
~~the Zoq, the Fot & the Pik~~

Xenesis Xenon
9 months ago#8
ZoqFotPik posted...
But the tier changes were only because of the new wave of custom maps?

Not really. Mostly a result of more strategies being discovered that can work for each of the COs and who wins and who loses.

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
9 months ago#9
Xenesis Xenon posted...
Mostly a result of more strategies being discovered that can work for each of the COs and who wins and who loses.
But are certain maps weighted differently? (e.g. an archipelago, pre-deployed, weather-enabled, fog-of-war enabled, income variations, etc.)
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

Xenesis Xenon
9 months ago#10
Pako Pako posted...
But are certain maps weighted differently? (e.g. an archipelago, pre-deployed, weather-enabled, fog-of-war enabled, income variations, etc.)

The only type that were played competitively were Land+Air. Most of the other modes weren't used because they were really slow and/or unbalanced (Fog of War, Weather) or otherwise outright broken (Naval).
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. Who's the Good and Bad?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Best CO Unit(s) for every COSgt_Brown1310/8 5:33PM