noob and a salty vet continue their Advance Wars adventures

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. noob and a salty vet continue their Advance Wars adventures

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
1 week ago#61
Once CO usage is done properly it really helps even things out a bit.
Not op like DS, but still important.
Very important in last few missions.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: skater43

skater43
1 week ago#62
Yeah, I need to figure out how to use it better. He stuck it on a fighter and was really doing a number on my guys. I just took him out, but I'm thinking now that was a mistake. I had him surrounded and out of ammo with one HP left and he just made a new fighter. I think I should have waited until he moved the new fighter to take out the current CO, as he's likely going to CO the new fighter next turn. We'll see. Meanwhile, this fight is currently on day 24 and doesn't look like it'll end any time soon. Both sides are about evenly matched in terms of number of units (most of the time being in the 12-14 range), though I do outnumber him 24 to 14 in production centers, so I do have an advantage there. Ideally, I'd like to take a couple more of his cities, hopefully get him below 20K earned per round to slow down his air force building, but he's got enough units in the area to take out any of my infantry really before they can capture anything. Starting to build up a bit of a bomber fleet, so if I can get a couple more fighters to help protect them, hopefully I can start taking out some of his bigger tanks and such and start whittling away at his forces. This is clearly expected to be a drawn out fight, so I'm not expecting to earn 0 points for speed, but we'll see what I finish at and how many days it takes.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
1 week ago#63
Should’ve checked the tactics in war room and follow that.
You think that’s drawn out...
Just wait till semi final one.
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder

skater43
1 week ago#64
Victory! Talk about your knock down, drag 'em out fights. 57 days. And it wasn't until the low 40s that I was really taking control of the fight, my production was finally outdoing his (though a lot of that was repairs, too. Many of his units were in cities, so were auto-repaired at the start of each day, which cut into his spending funds quite a bit on some days) and I was really pressing forward. Last few days, I did get some mech units over to start taking his cities, but at that point, that was pretty much moot. I had plenty of money and many more units, so capturing them didn't help much. Last few days, I didn't even bother making new units and had guys sitting on most of his, so neither of us were spending much money. Point totals were not unexpected: 43 points for speed, 105 (max) for power (I suspect a lot of that was the last dozen or so days when I was producing a bomber almost daily and sending them out to rain down death) and 86 for technique, so a solid B rank. Obviously, speed was the main thing dragging my ranking down. Spent about 1.1 million and lost about 940K (lost a total of 49 units, though about a third of that, and contributing to the high loss count were 12 fighters and 6 bombers). Blue team lost most of their units early, other than 1 missile that just sat on their HQ the whole fight. Which was fine. Enemy got through to him, I was prolly losing horribly anyway. Otherwise, kept him safe so I didn't have to worry about losing because of them. Yellow was much more economical than me, having spent 750K and losing 840K in 91 units (about a third were infantry/mechs though). So, not pretty, definitely not the best way to play the map, but a win's a win. So, we see Caulder and Will finally get to meet and the game all but tells us things are about to get worse. Hopefully these last missions don't last as long as this one.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

gamemaster712
1 week ago#65
From your gameplay....
It’s really going to drag...
Trust me, nothing is as bad as Waylon Flies Again, so you don't have to worry about something as difficult as Rivals AC. Speaking of:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Advance_Wars/comments/7h591s/advance_wars_1_rivals_advance_campaign_perfect/
Funny how that topic is now hidden. And no, I didn't make the topic, even though a troll is claiming I used a sockpuppet.
Master Knight DH at your service.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterKnightDH

skater43
6 days ago#67
Another mission finished. Actually had to do this one twice. Day 13 or 14 or so, I'd conquered the seas, had a 18 or 19 to 5 unit advantage and blew it. Got complacent with taking out his units and such so that by day 25 or 26, we each had about 11 or 12 units and I had pretty much lost all advantage (other than he wasn't building more ships, but his land units were superior to mine). So I bailed on that attempt and tried again. Once again, was able to rack up a huge unit advantage, but this time, was able to seal the deal. Getting a war tank on top of his factory by HQ really helped. While the navy held that little harbor, I was able to get a couple of infantry units up in that area to see about capturing some stuff. Meanwhile, I continued to send some midtanks and such up the eastern side of the map to keep the enemy occupied over there. Still took 29 days, so lost a lot of points on speed, but got full marks for power and decent technique, so ended up with an A rank.

So, onto mission 22. Grayfield may be "the strongest of all men", but that's why we sent Lin after him this past mission. :) And despite all the partying and talk of the war being over, we have another mission available, so clearly, things aren't as wrapped up as the last cutscene might have us believe.

gamemaster712
6 days ago#68
Ah yes...
Longest battle yet

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
6 days ago#69
Yeah, you've hit the final arc in the plot. Enjoy some absolutely bonkers levels. :D
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

gamemaster712
6 days ago#70
Xenesis Xenon posted...
Yeah, you've hit the final arc in the plot. Enjoy some absolutely bonkers levels. :D

Especially 22...
Pissed me off so much I’ve yet to bother even an A rank.
23, more manageable...
22 is full of crap
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. noob and a salty vet continue their Advance Wars adventures

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.