noob and a salty vet continue their Advance Wars adventures

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. noob and a salty vet continue their Advance Wars adventures
Thank you for proving my point that I would not be using a sockpuppet, at most getting people like Threadnaught who actually, ya know, agree with me with how YOU are full of garbage, to post on my behalf. People you can't sway because you pulled your own clear bulls*** while hiding behind power.

Now tell me again: where the hell would the WFA 10/450 point come from. Until then, you don't get to make any claims about it.
Master Knight DH at your service.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterKnightDH

User Info: o_x

o_x
1 week ago#82
Thank you for proving my point that I would not be using a sockpuppet [on Reddit]

False equivalence. You're not IP banned here.
By the way, evidence that I was already a Patreon supporter to WITG before I even got banned from the Advance Wars subreddit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATGB77sHJ_g
Whaddayknow, I'm listed as such on a video dated before the damn ban even happened.

Now stop saying I literally paid WITG to make the video. All I did was shift where I was spending my Patreon funds from a group who themselves betrayed my trust and proved themselves undeserving. You brought it upon yourselves, like it or not.
o_x posted...
Thank you for proving my point that I would not be using a sockpuppet [on Reddit]

False equivalence. You're not IP banned here.

I told you about Threadnaught and you're not trying to confirm what I said. It's clear you're afraid I could be, ya know, right? You're afraid that you're the ones with no validity. Because you pulled so much bulls*** on your own that people out there, who are getting plenty of links about it, remark on Discord about they could write a book about YOUR s***. I wouldn't even mind comparisons to Lin in that book, as long as it's made clear that YOU are the bad guys. What I'm fed up with is a lack of equivalent to Will, Brenner, Isabella, or Forsythe in the Advance Wars communities to provide any hope to the future of Advance Wars, Battalion Wars, OR their Spiritual Successors.

You can't pin any of the Advance Wars subreddit's stupidity on me either, because reddit already has a sorry reputation for involving toxicity and hive-mindedness as it is, and all you are doing is proving that reputation is *WELL* deserved.

Seriously, stop it.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: WendoloKazaki

WendoloKazaki
1 week ago#85
>toxicity and hivemindedness just because we got sick of your shenanigans just like every advance wars forum with brain cells
actually a dog in a business suit at a keyboard
(BB: Azrael, GG: Ky?, UNIST: Akatsuki)
So now I remember that part in my post about there being a lack of Will, Brenner, Isabella, or Forsythe in the AW communities. Let me correct myself: a lack of any of them with decent power.

I put this in its own post rather than try to edit the message--I think my time for that is up anyway--because that brings up another point:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Advance_Wars/comments/5fijwf/s***tered_throne_released_on_steam/dal7wfo/
WHAT THE f*** IS THIS?!?!? And I can hear the Audience Surrogate for Viewers Are Morons say this now: "oh, it's some mindless bashing of a Spiritual Successor for Advance Wars." Exactly my point. I had shown that to whoisthisgit some time back thinking that there was more of the Advance Wars subreddit's censorship at work than I had already thought because I actually had rwbonesy, an incredible troll in his own right, on my Ignore list to stop his harassment. WITG took disgust with GipFace's bashing for good reason, and I think he would have even if I hadn't shown him that damned self-explanatory mockery of Matthew Pyke before. Seriously, how do you hate a game SIMPLY FOR HAVING SEA UNITS? Oh, but the stupidity doesn't end there. There was a later post where GipFace blamed ME for s***tered Throne's financial failure, just for getting involved with the game balance after GipFace himself had already bashed it before. Just because s***tered Throne does provide myself a learning experience with game balance does not mean I agree with every design decision. In fact, I will say that, actually, the Undo option was welcome to have especially when strategy games are not entirely accessible to begin with, but I think it could have been complimented with a Chess Clock option on multiplayer to promote speedplay.

But Heaven forbid I could agree with people in the Advance Wars community on anything. No, let's stick with the stagnant, even when flaws had been readily prevalent from the start. There is simply no other explanation for crapping on game developers for its own sake. You know how much hard work goes into even making a game? In fact, I've recently managed to get annoyed with reverse engineering another game because I was handling tedious processes to make navigation easier. This was with actually good tools. And games nowadays are going to be 1GB or so, not freaking 1MB that at least wouldn't have its byte count freaking approach the number of seconds in 120 years, God is that morbid. What I get annoyed with the likes of Wargroove's developers for is that they use that as an excuse for arrogance mixed with short-sighted bias. You can argue that just because I'm adept with game balance doesn't mean I'd know everything. That's true and that's fine, but when you just want me to just be audience to something that asks to backfire, that's where I get to complain about the logic's hypocrisy. And anyway, the developer's actions do NOT change the behavior of the Advance Wars subreddit in the least: they don't even care to try to bring structure to the new.

Tell me, Advance Wars subreddit: if your claims that it's me, and not GipFace, who is that sockpuppet are even true despite that random comment about WFA's 10/450 being pulled out at clear random, what then? All that would be the case is how I'd be playing a hawk-dove game that you started by playing as hawks, and then have try to get out of it by acting like you're doves. Look who is b****ing about being killed like they're unprepared for it, after having killed personally. I know it ain't me. I know it's the people who will claim that literally anything I say is more obnoxious than anything in a community that includes the brand of material you come to expect from a guy who, out of disturbing darwinism, mock the victim of a lust-induced murder by a guy in an overseas country.
Of course, I know how the likes of TC will act, because he gladly uses the term "salty" and he's gladly willfully ignorance as he kept ignoring my posts about DoR's scoring. I know how he's going to say "omg stfu" to my points about the AW communities' politics that got shoved the hell down my throat, like "you're no better than them" is totally a mature argument, not a childish one masking itself as mature in the same ugly manner I just complained about. If he wouldn't, I'd feel a lot more apologetic for getting him into the crossfire, but he shows too many signs of the same line of thought that leads to thinking that murdering one's own clearly loyal successor out of arbitrary mistrust as well as to revenge the correct decision of a long dead man by pinning it on the dead man's chipper granddaughter and generally tramatize her AND her associates all the way to the point of whipping up violent mobs against them, ISN'T HEINOUS ENOUGH FOR THE COMPLETE MONSTER TROPE. Never mind that there's a reason I'd easily side with the aforementioned chipper granddaughter even if she did things like show OTT confusion about how the freaking Knight in Chess moves, or involve an absolutely idiotic running gag. It helps when the likes of the aforementioned chipper granddaughter actually shows enough intelligence to weave a tale in a manner where the truth just makes it even more amusing, not to mention adapting to her own assistant's mistake to begin with while the scumbag didn't.

The Advance Wars subreddit doesn't want to understand things like that, nor do they want to even try. They just want to hide behind whatever power they can, and people will keep supporting them in their own willfully ignorant, less-than-pleasant thought processes. So I'll just leave with the commentary I provided in comments on my Rivals AC video and WITG's WLE #23 video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoP1L8evwDc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ocg1084FUI

And you can't claim anything I say is libel because there's tons of linked evidence against the subreddit. They can't cop-out their way out of this without even more biased bulls*** that would show, yet again, how people out there can write a book about how the Advance Wars subreddit is, as it stands, a hellhole that abuses its monopoly on discussion of the Nintendo Wars series et al for causing various problems up to and including outright disrespect toward the dead in the name of drunken elitism.

At this point, I may as well get back to preparing for Game Boy Wars 3 Day on January 21. Because I'm done with this. I wash my hands of the whole matter.

User Info: skater43

skater43
1 week ago#88
Got this mission started. Only a few days in, so he's still got a bit of an advantage unit-wise, though I now have one more production center than him, so theoretically, I can start catching up. I need to take out his missiles. Lost two full HP air units (one attack copter and one fighter), and a fighter unit at about half health, because I didn't take into account the range of missiles. Got a missile unit of my own, though, so hopefully we can start taking out some of his bombers. Think I've gotten most/all his fighters, though. And I had been wondering if The Owl would hit air units or just ground and was happy to see the enemy find that out for me. Still trying to figure out how to use that to my advantage, but so far at least, I've managed to keep my units out of the danger zone, so haven't lost anybody due to that. Did go through the Tactics, so am working on getting some ground units down around the bottom to take that factory. He just made a new war tank there, plus has one in the vicinity, so I'll have to see about getting an anti-tank and/or bomber down there to help out (and hopefully remember about the missiles so I don't lose my bomber due to that).
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: skater43

skater43
1 week ago#89
Day 15, I was still outnumbered 2 to 1 and the enemy had one more production center than me, so I wasn't feeling real hopeful. However, we're on day 26 now, I've just captured the southern factory (next best thing to having one of your units sit on an enemy factory until you can capture it, is have a weakened enemy unit sit on it that can't go anywhere. Not only can he not build a new unit [though sacrificing it so you build something new may have been worth it, though I did have the square surrounded, along with the river], but they're spending money repairing the unit), and now outnumber him by 1. However, he's also got 50K in the bank, so he can quickly outnumber me again. However, in addition to the southern factory, I've also taken/am working on taking some of the cities down there, so that's adding to my total of production centers while taking away from his. So, for the first time in this mission, I'm feeling optimistic and do think I have a chance to pull out the win. Most of his units, especially around HQ are high damage stuff, though, so breaking through is not going to be easy and yeah, we've still got a lot of days left in this one.
"Never again is what you swore the time before." - Depeche Mode, "Policy of Truth"

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
1 week ago#90
Getting the southern factory helps much indeed
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 Sun: Sean; Moon: Lizzie; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.
  1. Boards
  2. Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
  3. noob and a salty vet continue their Advance Wars adventures

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.