The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Unresponsive Controls (attack atleast)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Okami
  3. Unresponsive Controls (attack atleast)

User Info: SexyRubberDucky

SexyRubberDucky
7 years ago#1
Is it just me or does it seem that swinging the wii remote is highly unresponsive at times when im attacking it seems i can get like 2 or 3 swings in and then it just doesnt respond unless i move around a bit or jump and attack.

=============possible early spoiler====================
=
=
=
=
=
for example at the dojo when i learn the 4 winds technique.. i honestly tried for 30min.. and i did it once.. but other then that i just cant get the hits to register.. unless im doing something wrong?

=============

ideas or suggestions or is that just the way it is? the games great and all but this lame-attack-responce is killing it for me.

User Info: MegaSlush

MegaSlush
7 years ago#2
Don't waggle. Shake with timing.
Check profile for DS FCs. SSBB FC: 5413-2276-5394.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1

User Info: Akel777

Akel777
7 years ago#3
strong, slow movements. time it with a beat, like your striking a drum.

User Info: _MisterS_

_MisterS_
7 years ago#4
http://www.metronomeonline.com/
The timing is (IIRC) somewhere around 76.

SexyRubberDucky
7 years ago#5
ill give it a try later today, thanks for all the tips, ill keep you guys posted lol

MegaSlush
7 years ago#6

http://www.metronomeonline.com/
The timing is (IIRC) somewhere around 76.

92 seems a bit more right.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1

SexyRubberDucky
7 years ago#7
ugh...
so the attacking seems to be better, less loss of responce
but still cant do that 4 winds attack.. only managing two if im really lucky =[

MegaSlush
7 years ago#8

ugh...
so the attacking seems to be better, less loss of responce
but still cant do that 4 winds attack.. only managing two if im really lucky =[

If I'm not wrong, there's a REALLY short delay you should keep noted for the 4th attack. So swing the first 3 times with a certain momentum, then wait a LITTLE TEENIE BIT and swing again.

If it's still unresponsive, are you sure your Wiimote's batteries are at least 50%-ish?

SexyRubberDucky
7 years ago#9
the batteries are fully charged, when it comes to painting or anything else i have no probs, but i guess ill try switching wiimotes next time i play, but from what im understanding your saying that the first 3 hits should be of regular tempo and right after the 3rd do it really quick?

MegaSlush
7 years ago#10
After the 3rd hit, wait a LITTLE bit more than usual then hit again. Basically, it's SLIIIIIIIIIGHTLY longer for the 4th and 5th hits. (when you get that)

Other than that, I don't know. I never had any problems with this.
  1. Boards
  2. Okami
  3. Unresponsive Controls (attack atleast)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived