Mouse Acceleration fix (turn it off)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  3. Mouse Acceleration fix (turn it off)

User Info: Smokabul

Smokabul
5 years ago#1
this fix requires messing with the registry, dont use if your not comfy messing with it.

1. Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HR"

2. change the value of g_debugFreeLookSpeedScalingRatio_Pitch from 6e 00 00 00 to 00 00 00 00

3. change the value of g_debugFreeLookSpeedScalingRatio_Yaw from 86 00 00 00 to 00 00 00 00

4. re-adjust your mouse speed in game, no acceleration
I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.
-Richard Dawkins

User Info: Kenji Murasame

Kenji Murasame
5 years ago#2
Weird, my mouse values in the reg are showing as different, 64 00 00 00 on both and I never changed the settings. Any word on this? I'm thinking maybe it's because I'm 4:3 ratio.

Regardless, I guess they just go to 00 00 00 00 anyway. Thanks for the fix info.

User Info: Smokabul

Smokabul
5 years ago#3
i guess it shows different, but as long as you set them to 00 00 00 00 it should be good
I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.
-Richard Dawkins

User Info: slwro_child

slwro_child
5 years ago#4
Worked for me, thanks.

User Info: Chaos_915

Chaos_915
5 years ago#5
Changing those values makes the game freeze when using a gamepad, so this fix should only be used if you intend to use keyboard+mouse only.

Since I use both (I use the gamepad most of the time, keyboard+mouse when sniping and hacking) this fix doesn't work.

User Info: ShadowfiedX

ShadowfiedX
5 years ago#6
Thanks for this, it fixes the mouse acceleration but yes it does freeze as soon as you try to use a gamepad.

User Info: Menace2Society

Menace2Society
5 years ago#7
how do i access the registry? i don't see anywhere on my comp for step 1

User Info: ShadowfiedX

ShadowfiedX
5 years ago#8
You click start and click run if you're on Windows XP and type "regedit" without the quotations or just type regedit in the search-box on the start menu in Windows 7 / Vista.

User Info: codename_halo

codename_halo
5 years ago#9

Great...i don't have those entries in my "Deus Ex:HR"...i just have 4 DWORD entries...guess i've got to make them right?...let's hope this works...those 2 entries that you mentioned are hopefully DWORD's,right?...well i'm not gonna wait for a reply,i'm way past waiting around,i've been waiting for this for a long time,i'm going in...wish me luck!...lol.

1. Boards
  2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  3. Mouse Acceleration fix (turn it off)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived