The reason this wasn't part of the 'Summer of Arcade' promotion...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shred Nebula
  3. The reason this wasn't part of the 'Summer of Arcade' promotion...

User Info: TekZombie

TekZombie
9 years ago#21
Trisha_Goddard sounds a bit like Jeff Minter here. That'd be odd if it was Jeff Minter!! Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I have to disagree the controls suck. I like the controls. I agree that it would be nice if there were a few more options but the controls work fine once you get used to them.

Here's hoping that Shred does better than Jeff's little Space Giraffe.

TekZombie
9 years ago#22
Trisha_Goddard sounds a bit like Jeff Minter here. That'd be odd if it was Jeff Minter!! Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I have to disagree the controls suck. I like the controls. I agree that it would be nice if there were a few more options but the controls work fine once you get used to them.

Here's hoping that Shred does better than Jeff's little Space Giraffe.

User Info: KingovGames

KingovGames
9 years ago#23
One more time so everyone can see :roll:

User Info: grubbybatsnow

grubbybatsnow
9 years ago#24
Great game design, but I agree with the controls being an issue, I have been playing games since the 70's and I swear I cannot get a grip on this games control scheme.
And It's not like I'm not trying to, its like there is a blockage in my head that desperately wants the ship to rotate and have the thrusters/reverse on different buttons. And in heated battle it becomes a problem with hitting wrong buttons.....it's strange.
As much as I try I cant get comfortable with them.
"You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations."

User Info: Master_Pantz

Master_Pantz
9 years ago#25
Hey, I just wanted to say that I pretty much had the controls down after the training mission. At first I was bumping into stuff but it didn't take long to learn. Yeah, this isn't like Geometry Wars...that would make the game too easy. Only thing I don't really like about the game is the pop up windows coming up so often kind of got annoying, you need to tell the story and all but it just kind of got annoying and the data logs were a bit hard to follow and read. Other then that it's great and well worth the $10 especially for the multiplayer.
http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/live/Master+Pantz.gif
Most Wanted: Saints Row 2, X-Blades, Battlestations: Pacific.

User Info: Trisha_Goddard

Trisha_Goddard
9 years ago#26
Tek, nope I am not the llama-obsessed madman.

For the record though, I did quite like Space Giraffe. Until the patch debacle anyway.

TekZombie
9 years ago#27
The control scheme has a learning curve that rewards you with practice. There is something very gratifying about being able to improve your ability to overcome the enemy. Never have I found myself saying that the I died because the game controls suck. In fact, the controls are very responsive and the piloting of your spacecraft is smooth.

You know it would be nice to have a choice in what your buttons are assigned to but I just played Blaster Master on the NES last night and even though it didn't offer the ability to adjust the controls, it was a blast!
  1. Boards
  2. Shred Nebula
  3. The reason this wasn't part of the 'Summer of Arcade' promotion...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived