I think people are overhyping this game a little too much...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shred Nebula
  3. I think people are overhyping this game a little too much...

User Info: Darkest_Evil

Darkest_Evil
8 years ago#1
its not that great of a game.. its just another wing commander arena/battlestar galactica ripoff
360 gamertag: drunken feedle

User Info: SweetToothKane

SweetToothKane
8 years ago#2
Have you played it? It plays and looks nothing like those two games you mentioned.

On that note, I'm curious where this hype is you speak of.
"Have you ever had hot bread thrown at your face? It burns in a badass fashion, badass like me, Revolutionary Badass." - Revolutionary Badass

User Info: thisispurecrap

thisispurecrap
8 years ago#3
What hype? I came here looking for reviews precisely because I had never heard of it until I saw it on the S list ...
Xbox 360 GT : Don El Aldo

Darkest_Evil
8 years ago#4
it plays just like asteroids and its pretty lame

Darkest_Evil
8 years ago#5
look at the topic this game ROCKS
i heard that the producers come here to hype up the game so much cause no one will buy it
so i thought id check the forum here out and i heard right

User Info: SweetToothKane

SweetToothKane
8 years ago#6
Where have you heard that the "producers" are hyping this game? And by looking at this forum you should see that a lot of these topics (most) are closed because of the time it's been since they were posted in. You seemingly came out of nowhere claiming this game is overhyped when it is anything but.
"Have you ever had hot bread thrown at your face? It burns in a badass fashion, badass like me, Revolutionary Badass." - Revolutionary Badass

User Info: Entar99

Entar99
8 years ago#7
I agree with SweetToothKane. This game is definitely underhyped. While it may have a few flaws, what game doesn't?

User Info: darkhare

darkhare
8 years ago#8
this is a fun and challenging game that got a bad rep because people dont like change and couldnt be bothered to get used to the control scheme.

its unfortunate because this game would have been alot of fun if it actually had a active multiplayer community.
(walls of emptiness connect all opposites)
GT:MTPathy

User Info: jammies

jammies
8 years ago#9
I had planned to buy it... then I played the demo. Too bad the controls sucked.
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx

User Info: derboo

derboo
8 years ago#10
This game is ridiculously underhyped.

It's by far the best original XBLA game in my book, and the second best overall after Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD, but reviewers bashed it because it wasn't the 147th abstract artsy-fartsy Robotron-clone and hadn't its balance ruined by superimposed "RPG elements".

Controls take a time to get used it, but I prefer them over any dumbed down approach, the possibilities are awesome. It's a sin you can't freely assign the buttons, though.

Some of the developers worked on Weaponlord a long time ago, and this kinda turned out as the Weaponlord of shooting games (minus the technical difficulties), too awesome in its complexity to be popular.
  1. Boards
  2. Shred Nebula
  3. I think people are overhyping this game a little too much...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived