CoD5 slow singleplayer!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: World at War
  3. CoD5 slow singleplayer!

User Info: RayvynMage

RayvynMage
9 years ago#1

So, I got CoD5:WaW and other than the usual black screen everyone loves, i've noticed that with reduced settings and such, single player is still slow where the action is, if I turn away, it speeds up. I am not sure whats going on, maybe someone can help me with settings or something.

User Info: sergito2040

sergito2040
9 years ago#2
I have the same problem I throught that was over heating problems of my CPu but a riend of my dad that arm custom computer told me that this game is very bad optimised for te dual core processor and that is needed a patch for the processors for make it run properly

User Info: 98415010

9 years ago#3
Umm... Your computer is crap. :)

User Info: CYBORG112

CYBORG112
9 years ago#4
if ud give us the specs of ur pc
maybe wed be able to see if its a problem with ur hardware of the game
Cyborg112 The Legendary Hero Of Robots..
Not Changing My Sig Till My Batterie Dies...

User Info: WhiteSnake5000

WhiteSnake5000
9 years ago#5
I wouldn't be surprised if it needs a patch or two. On my 8800gt it will do that as well, assuming I have vsync + 4xAA enabled. So, I just decided to go with the happy medium for now, 2xAA. I think it needs further optimizing, there should be no reason for me to get less than 60 frames considering that Call of Duty 4 had perfect frame rate maxed out with 8xAA and 16xAF. And another thing I noticed is that it will freeze for a second or two when someone calls in an artillery strike, and I don't mean stutter, but I mean completely freeze. Overall I noticed a lot of technical issues with this game. And believe me, it isn't my PC. It's just this game.

User Info: CYBORG112

CYBORG112
9 years ago#6
"or the game"
typos xD
Cyborg112 The Legendary Hero Of Robots..
Not Changing My Sig Till My Batterie Dies...

RayvynMage
9 years ago#7
it's not my pc, I ran the system reqs. test and it went well above minimal.

RayvynMage
9 years ago#8

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/8215/64520435vp7.png

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8759/67318923vl6.png

User Info: gosuwfp

gosuwfp
9 years ago#9
i am having the exact same problem... damn... i was so excited until now...

User Info: Sam_2006

Sam_2006
9 years ago#10
well, with the specs listed below it runs great for me, I play at 1280x1024 everything on max, 4xAA /16xAF with V-synch turned off and the games plays flawlessly , rarely when I see it dip under 35 fps, I get constant 50-60 fps even when I call an air-strike and the screens turns into a massive load of explosions., btw, I tried the game on both xp SP3 and Vista SP1, same resultes. I say this game is well optimized, not as optimized as CoD4, though.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: World at War
  3. CoD5 slow singleplayer!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived