Solo Campaign Launch problems

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: World at War
  3. Solo Campaign Launch problems

User Info: SadMetFan

SadMetFan
9 years ago#1

Does anybody have a problem playing the single player game? I click on start new game, and then chose my difficulty...then nothing happens. Anyone else with this problem?

User Info: vudrew

vudrew
9 years ago#2
bump because I have this problem too..

User Info: Hessel08

Hessel08
9 years ago#3

I had this problem too, found the solution at another site:

"For those who cannot start the Solo campaign after choosing the difficulty, this is the solution:

1: For Windows Vista, go to C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW

For Windows XP, you can find it in Documents and Settings

2: Delete __CoDWaWmp (if you have it)

3: Go to players\profiles and delete all the player profiles there

4: Create a new folder with the name you want for your profile

5: Create a text file named "active" alongside your profile folder (do not put it in the profile folder you just created; the profile folder and text file are in the same folder--the profiles folder)

6: In the text file type your profile name and save it (make sure your profile folder and name in the text file match)

7: Run game and play!

The reason it does not start is because you do not have a profile to save your progress. To verify this 'fix' has worked, your profile name should appear in the main menu under "offline: name-of-your-profile" at the top right corner of the screen."

User Info: scottwillib

scottwillib
9 years ago#4

Hessel dude i tried that fix but it doesn't work for me.

Dunno if it makes a difference, but my profile name appears as "ONLINE:Name-of-my-profile" as oppose to offline......

User Info: Asja13

Asja13
9 years ago#5

You have to make sure the profile folder is not "Read Only" I had this problem but after unchecking the box it was fine and I already finished the game.

I hope this will work for you guys to.

User Info: khan_jee

khan_jee
9 years ago#6
thanks Hessel08 ......now i can play the game....thanks aloooooooooooot...

User Info: duka222

duka222
9 years ago#7
where I must create that "profiles" folder?

User Info: SadMetFan

SadMetFan
9 years ago#8
Thanks a ton Hessel08, changing the folder from "read only" made all the difference for me.

User Info: GMH77

GMH77
9 years ago#9
Hessel08 posted...

I had this problem too, found the solution at another site:

"For those who cannot start the Solo campaign after choosing the difficulty, this is the solution:

1: For Windows Vista, go to C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW

For Windows XP, you can find it in Documents and Settings

2: Delete __CoDWaWmp (if you have it)

3: Go to players\profiles and delete all the player profiles there

4: Create a new folder with the name you want for your profile

5: Create a text file named "active" alongside your profile folder (do not put it in the profile folder you just created; the profile folder and text file are in the same folder--the profiles folder)

6: In the text file type your profile name and save it (make sure your profile folder and name in the text file match)

7: Run game and play!

The reason it does not start is because you do not have a profile to save your progress. To verify this 'fix' has worked, your profile name should appear in the main menu under "offline: name-of-your-profile" at the top right corner of the screen."

This worked excelent for me.

Admin Account on XP machine
Did exactly as told in quoted text above.

TXH

User Info: manxnorton

manxnorton
9 years ago#10

Hello there i have looked using Vista at user and my name but there is no AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW don't know where to look please help as i really would love to set up a profile.

1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: World at War
  3. Solo Campaign Launch problems

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived