Why is there no formal cover system?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: World at War
  3. Why is there no formal cover system?

User Info: Wraith313

Wraith313
8 years ago#11
Since when was Gears slow paced?

And no, im really not trying to come across like a gears fanboy. These two games seem the same pace, except this one lacks a convenient cover system. Like I said, I dont want to come across like im complaining about the game or like I dont like it....I love the COD games, but it just seems like theres no cover system only to add difficulty to an otherwise outstanding game.
-----=====VICTORY IS ONLY FOUND AMIDST DEFEAT=====-----
MS IGN Windia: Voidwraith 3x Ice/Lit Wizard

User Info: Foxx3k

Foxx3k
8 years ago#12
For COD4 with cover system, play QoS.
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]

User Info: MIG297

MIG297
8 years ago#13

Since when was Gears slow paced?

The new one is a bit slower paced, mostly because people can't just run around with the shotgun any more so cover is a bit more important, whereas it used to mean you were just an easy target..
http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/raz2097.png
http://i33.tinypic.com/zx6yi8.jpg

Wraith313
8 years ago#14
Now that I really think about it....if this game actually had a legit cover system, the whole thing would be unbelievably easy. I guess I get why they dont have one.

And no, im not trying to criticize the game. Dont read too deep into this post.

User Info: cid00100

cid00100
8 years ago#15

well i dont mind it.

its manual in rl soo..

and

you get to watch people cry out when their on fire...

User Info: DarkSiege

DarkSiege
8 years ago#16
No cover system please. It would slow down the pace of the game. If anything, make a lean option. Don't know if they have that on the PC one or not, but it would be nice on the console although i see know way of configuring it on a controller.

~OGreatNoob
---
Currently playing: Call of Duty 4, Battlefield: Bad Company, Halo 3, Gears of War 2.....
...Four different types of shooter games, which means they can't be compared....

Wraith313
8 years ago#17
Now that you said something about leaning....thats really all I meant by cover system. Some way to peak out and shoot without moving the entire body out from behind cover.

User Info: generaltom

generaltom
8 years ago#18

There isn't enough of a demand for it. A cover system makes a lot of sense, particularly because in times of war it is all about finding cover. Then again, these games do not operate on any sort of logic or realism so..

User Info: The_Juggernaut

The_Juggernaut
8 years ago#19
It's good the way it is. Locking onto pieces of cover sounds like a good idea in theory, but the apparent necessity for a 3rd person camera at that point ruins the fun, as you can suddenly see things you should not be able to see.

I've never encountered a FPS with a cover system that doesn't switch over to 3rd person when you take cover (I'm not saying there is no such thing, I've just never seen such a game). And that kills it for me.

Just an opinion.

Gamertag: The Juggernaut

User Info: MIG297

MIG297
8 years ago#20

Now that you said something about leaning....thats really all I meant by cover system. Some way to peak out and shoot without moving the entire body out from behind cover.

You can do that on the PC version. Unfortunately the 360 controller is a lot more limited than a keyboard and mouse.
http://card.mygamercard.net/lastgame/raz2097.png
http://i33.tinypic.com/zx6yi8.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: World at War
  3. Why is there no formal cover system?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived