final boss help

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: kenshee1111

kenshee1111
7 years ago#1
I can't even get past the first fight. As a matter of fact, I can't even kill off 1 minion :(
Even with all healing items at max, they kill me faster than I can use them, only possibility I could see is effectively using an item every time I get hit, but they have way too much hp to try that, I'd run out way too fast...

I was looking forward to seeing the end of the story, and I haven't died once throughout the game. And now they throw this at me? :/

The only weapon I know how to handle a bit is 1 handed sword + gun. I've played that way since the original PSU, never changed it, so that wouldn't be a good idea to do now '^^

I bought the best equipment I could find in shops, haven't found anything better.

I'm lvl 42, beast, fightmaster lvl 3.
Using Rapier sword, ATT: 530, PP 264
And Ruby bullet handgun, ATT: 338, PP 752

Armor:
Catiline, def 144, eva 216
cati power: 160 atk
hard guard: 80 def
hard stamina: 5 end

Lou and vivienne are pretty stupid, they get killed in a couple of seconds...
I manage to avoid for a while, getting in a rising strike(lvl 30) every once in a while, but even when I totally focused on 1 minion, I ran out of scapedolls (I NOW know exactly what those do, so first time I got hp to 0....).
Using items is also fine and all, but if they catch up with me, I'm dead in 1 combo. My reflexes often aren't fast enough to get a healing item in between those attacks...

So, any help for my specific case? I searched, but most people are higher levelled, and/or use different weapons.
playing: DQ IX, deathspank, suikoden 3, .hack 4, phantasy star portable, the witcher, MH:tri
Looking forward to: kh: BBS, fable 3, dragon age 2, ff vs XIII

User Info: LH_Selina

LH_Selina
7 years ago#2
Just spend a little more time grinding out your lvls and or maxing your class. It'll all come easy enough for you.
Legacy Hunters guild memeber and site admin: www.legacy-hunters.webs.com
Monster Hunter Tri - Selina

User Info: kenshee1111

kenshee1111
7 years ago#3
I was actually pretty relieved I was at the end of the game though, the battles are annoying the heck out of me...

It was awesome in PSU, it got tiring in aotI, now it's just plain annoying :/
Unless they bring out a new game more like the original PSU (purely talking offline here, I haven't played any online in any of the PS games), I think this is likely my last phantasy star universe type of game I'm playing.

I've gained 2 levels and really had to put the game away for the day. I've been going through the game doing the lowest rank free missions so they go by quicker(not a fan of them) so I can get back to the plot. Now I'm doing free missions where the enemies are about 20 levels higher than me, not really all that fun, tedious actually.

And the fighmaster rank isn't going to level up anytime soon I think, free missions give so little >.<

I'm just hoping I'll get some good random gear from these high levelled monsters.
playing: DQ IX, deathspank, suikoden 3, .hack 4, phantasy star portable, the witcher, MH:tri
Looking forward to: kh: BBS, fable 3, dragon age 2, ff vs XIII

User Info: LH_Selina

LH_Selina
7 years ago#4
If you want something more PSU esque then look for Phantasy Star Portable 2 next month on the 14th. It is going to be more PSU like with some things of the original PSO coming back from the looks of it. But if you are looking for more help and whatnot in this visit the website down below and I'll be able to help you out in live chat.
Legacy Hunters guild memeber and site admin: www.legacy-hunters.webs.com
Monster Hunter Tri - Selina

User Info: dunekisaragi

dunekisaragi
7 years ago#5
Actually, just considering some things.

One: Get a Shag series RCSM.

Two: Just don't attack anything upclose. Strafe around with the mags firing, and just focus on dodging.

Three: Either do the same to Helga when the Denadians are dead, or, you can try to go ahead and melee her. I don't recommend it though.

The 2nd form is rather simple, and easy to read once you see it's attacks for a bit. Don't want to spoil anything though.

3rd Form... just grab a multihit weapon. (if you're Fighmaster, you probably got a Chainsawd you can use from the earlier area. It restores a bit of HP upon hitting an enemy, so spam it here). If you're a class that can use Whips, definitely go with that. You'll do more damage hitting 5 body parts for 200 damage a hit, than 2 for 400. But you can easily do more than that.

Other than that, wear a Dark Line Shield, and go for it. Boss isn't too bad, and it's quite possible to beat it at level 40 or so. Slightly earlier if you got lucky with weapon drops.
There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand Binary, and those who don't.

User Info: Saphire089

Saphire089
7 years ago#6

I somehow beat the two minions, helga, and the final two bosses using only Diga (max level), and was so happy when I finallly beat the game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived