Well I can't believe they didn't rename Karous to Crow or Crows.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ultimate Shooting Collection
  3. Well I can't believe they didn't rename Karous to Crow or Crows.

User Info: MathU

MathU
8 years ago#1
This leaves concern that they even translated the in-game text for Radio Allergy and Karous. O3 already had a translation for Radio Allergy, and it looks like they went with O3's logo for it too, but they left "Karous" alone.
Of course, that's just an opinion.
I'm al-Afdal on Battlefield 2

User Info: m3tall1ca

m3tall1ca
8 years ago#2
Hmm...That shouldn't be much concern for us, but...It's already going to be a hobbling hobo over here, so I hope they did as little as possible to leave it open to such attack. I think I'm going to buy it just so I can play it on my friend's Wii, unless I can pawn my 8300 that I have no PCI-E slot for for enough to support me to a Wii. But even then, I'm not going to play anything besides this...Maybe FE, but that's doubtful as well.
[asterisk]TEERz[asterisk]
As soon as I previewed that, I remembered SOLDIER BLADE. I think I'll be getting a Wii by the end of the year, probably. Soldier Blade. Mmmm.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!

User Info: gatsu25

gatsu25
8 years ago#3
Not to mention Sin and Punishment 2 is coming out :)

Really this next year and a half makes me one excited Wii owner!! There are finally quite a few games on my list :D

gatsu25
8 years ago#4
Oh and for the name change

they were probably perplexed at the katakana and word for crows in Japanese is ka ro u su so they left it alone :)

User Info: jeffx

jeffx
8 years ago#5
it's actually karasu but close enough.

In fact I have no idea why people started calling this game Karous... the cover clearly reads KA RA SU.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karous
Collection: http://users.ign.com/collection/jeffx2k

gatsu25
8 years ago#6
If you look right above the Katakana they romanize it as Karous. Perhaps Mile-Stone thought that is how we said Crows over here. Katakana is not perfect by any means, its especially hard to translate if you don't know English very well.

I imagine this is why we see so many L's and R's switched around.

That reminds me, On a teachers assignment I have here in Japan, it says for the kids to begin crapping. I thought I better not do that so I will just tell them to clap instead.
  1. Boards
  2. Ultimate Shooting Collection
  3. Well I can't believe they didn't rename Karous to Crow or Crows.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived