Using a Gamepad?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Jonny_Tsunamii

Jonny_Tsunamii
5 years ago#1
So I downloaded this game on my laptop and the controls are killing me. I downloaded Motionjoy and connected got my Ps3 remote to work. The only problem now is I cant seem to get it to work during the game, I went to the options and tried clicking where it says pad but it isn't clickable. Does anyone think they could me out? Im sure the game would be a lot better if we could use a ps3 remote!

User Info: chaosR2

chaosR2
5 years ago#2
Remote? besides I have that same problem, but with an XBOX 360 controller.

Jonny_Tsunamii
5 years ago#3
Yeah, all my friends say pad, I just never called it that, dont know why. I have my XBOX 360 pad connected too, I just cant get any of them to work during the game. Can somebody shed some light on us!?

User Info: WhoisOvan

WhoisOvan
5 years ago#4
cant you map the controller to the the buttons that play the game...
PSN-(BOOM)emptyazureskies

User Info: GodTaz

GodTaz
5 years ago#5
To play PC games with a gamepad, I usually get joy2key and do what the above guy said; map the buttons to whatever keys in-game.

Thing is, I've never gotten my PS3 controller to work as a gamepad. I didn't look too far into it honestly, but IIRC I've tried two different programs that claimed to allow you to use your PS3 controller as a gamepad and neither worked out for me. Maybe I did something wrong, maybe the controller just has poor PC support.. I don't know.

Let me know if you get it figured out though.
If you are Taz and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
Just call me "God King Emperor Taz".

WhoisOvan
5 years ago#6
i got a blue old pelican afterglow for ps3 and windows 7 reginized it but the game wont... maybe game has no gamepad support at this time...

Jonny_Tsunamii
5 years ago#7
Yeah I'm beginning to think that too. There is a tab in the options that says "gamepad", it's just not click-able. Hopefully they do something about it.

I definitely will let you know if they ever change it.

WhoisOvan
5 years ago#8
so much for that laptop was stolen

User Info: GodTaz

GodTaz
5 years ago#9
Apparently the NA version doesn't support gamepads yet, but the other versions do.

So yeah, we're probably going to get it.
http://i.imgur.com/06WrL.png

User Info: AznED

AznED
5 years ago#10

Apparently the NA version doesn't support gamepads yet, but the other versions do.

So yeah, we're probably going to get it.

Nice. My arcade stick is read as a 360 controller, so hopefully I'll be able to try that lol.
I'm a rich kid with issues, lots of issues ~Batman
If I ever let superman in charge again, just hit me, real hard

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived