Black screen and stuck at starting game up?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect
  3. Black screen and stuck at starting game up?

User Info: Lunares_Aeran

Lunares_Aeran
8 years ago#1
Whenever I try to play all that happens is a black screen comes up and it hangs..any idea how to fix?
"When one man has an imaginary friend, he is a lunatic. When many people have the same imaginary friend, it is a religion."-My Atheist Friend

Lunares_Aeran
8 years ago#2
I have an Nvidia 8600GTS with newest drivers, vista 32bit, enough processor/ram, and vista standard sound drivers if that helps.
"When one man has an imaginary friend, he is a lunatic. When many people have the same imaginary friend, it is a religion."-My Atheist Friend

Lunares_Aeran
8 years ago#3
bump

User Info: AsanteRevell

AsanteRevell
8 years ago#4
not playing with a pirated copy helps
Parachutes are for Girls.

User Info: Alfran

Alfran
8 years ago#5
not playing with a pirated copy helps

Could you be any more of an ass?

This is a known issue with legit copies of the game. The known issues concerning the pirated copy is the galaxy map and saving.

Just wait for a patch TC.
Out of the darkness of servitude through bloody conflict to the light of freedom.

User Info: idrank2much

idrank2much
8 years ago#6
ask johnny depp.

User Info: blitzwhiz

blitzwhiz
8 years ago#7
I have this problem too. Actually after i waited like 30 seconds the game started up. You just have to have alot of patience.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.

Lunares_Aeran
8 years ago#8
I have waited for a lot longer than 30 seconds before >_>

i have had this issue with other games before (UT3 and Shadow of Chernobyl) and I fixed that with -dsound option and replacing some dll files (like OpenAl32.dll) and such. Didn't work here.

User Info: derby1988

derby1988
8 years ago#9

I have a Core 2 duo T7200 2 Ghz, 2 mb ram, XP, 120 Gb HD, ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 512 mb graphics card. i know that it says the X1600 pro wont work but i dont see pro anywhere on my computer. Please Help. I get the black screen too

User Info: Werenet

Werenet
8 years ago#10
Try to change your resolution to 1680 by 1050 , it had worked for me
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect
  3. Black screen and stuck at starting game up?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived