Installation Cancelled - bug :/

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Installation Cancelled - bug :/

User Info: El_Dukayy

El_Dukayy
7 years ago#1
When I go to install the game I OK the EULA then hit Next and get the message "The installation of Mass Effect 2 has been cancelled. To run the installer again, please run Setup."

I have found some people complaining about this with ME 1, but was unable to locate any fixes/useful replies, just some snotty replies from your typical forum trollers.

User Info: El_Dukayy

El_Dukayy
7 years ago#2
So the problem was that my download was not downloaded using Download Manager, instead it was downloaded via the browser. I re-downloaded using Download Manager and it works.

Amazing that Direct2Drive did NOTHING to help me but send me an email saying it was a problem of Electronic Arts, which of course it was a Direct2Drive-related bug. DO NOT USE DIRECT2DRIVE PEOPLE, they will take your money, not refund it and avoid helping you in any way whatsoever.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Installation Cancelled - bug :/

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived