Can I transfer a Mass Effect 1 character to a different steam account?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Can I transfer a Mass Effect 1 character to a different steam account?

User Info: bballsports

bballsports
6 years ago#1
Hi my friend recently let me use his steam account in which I played and finished Mass Effect 1. I am actually in the midst of downloading Mass Effect 2 when I saw that it is on sale today on Steam. Since I would not be able to keep my friend's account forever, is it possible for me to transfer my saved Shepard from his Mass Effect account to my own if I do purchase Mass Effect 2?

I'm wondering because since I would not have Mass Effect 1 on my own steam account, ME2 may not recognize the fact that I do have a saved character. So is my best bet to transfer saves and hope for the best or should I start a ME2 save with my friend's account with my own character and transfer that ME2 save to my own steam account?

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

User Info: Gamemako

Gamemako
6 years ago#2
Just copy over your My Documents / BioWare / Mass Effect / folder. They aren't kept in the Steam cloud either way.

User Info: bballsports

bballsports
6 years ago#3
Sweet figured that out. thanks
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. Can I transfer a Mass Effect 1 character to a different steam account?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived