advanced weapon training

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. advanced weapon training

User Info: maidenjapan

maidenjapan
7 years ago#1
as an infiltrator, i just had the choice to pick between assault rifle training, shotgun training, and a really good sniper rifle. i was wondering if this is the only time i will be able to get that sniper rifle (widow anti-material rifle).

also, any suggestions? i feel like assault rifle training would be too similar to my machine pistol and shotgun seems like it would work well with my cloaking, but i kill things from such a far distance as it is, i'm not sure how much i would use it.

is the sniper rifle really worth passing a possible fifth weapon to use?
http://www.last.fm/user/noisesolo

User Info: TheMoosiah

TheMoosiah
7 years ago#2
this thread is relevant to my interests

User Info: rafalosCPH

rafalosCPH
7 years ago#3
This thread is also relevant to my interests.
"I have to stop the Reapers, or something..." - lordmoogle123
Darth1337 - My Hero 1/25/10

User Info: psycho_leo

psycho_leo
7 years ago#4

You don't get the sniper rifle after that. I didn't like it all that much so I just went back to that save and chose the assault rifle and didn't regret. Just pick one, test it on that mission for a while and if you don't like it go back.

User Info: TheMoosiah

TheMoosiah
7 years ago#5

psycho_leo posted...

You don't get the sniper rifle after that. I didn't like it all that much so I just went back to that save and chose the assault rifle and didn't regret. Just pick one, test it on that mission for a while and if you don't like it go back.

This response is relevant to my future course of action.

User Info: maidenjapan

maidenjapan
7 years ago#6
yeah, i had some fun with the sniper rifle, and while strong, when paired with my hand cannon, i just don't have that much ammo to spare. i end up wasting bullets on smaller enemies that i could kill with either the weaker sniper rifle or my hand cannon.

i think i'll go for the shotgun because i've had some problems where i get stuck in a short range with some enemies.
http://www.last.fm/user/noisesolo

User Info: Makogen

Makogen
7 years ago#7
When I get to that point, I think I'm going to pick up the Assault Rifle Training mainly because, well, a headshot is a headshot. I just picked up that Kinetic Viper Sniper Rifle and it's okay at best, but that slowdown allows me to pop 4 headshots off in rapid succession, coupled with disruptor ammo, psh, done!

Plus, I have the "Collector's Assault Rifle" which I'd love to use.. Combo'd with my "Collector's Particle Beam" would be ow-some. ;D

Later! College calls!
gt: bamfstyle
psn: bamfstyle

User Info: Ras8472

Ras8472
7 years ago#8
How do you get the option for Advanced Weapon Training, i missed being an engineer with a sniper rifle like how i was in ME1 >.>;

User Info: WARTH06

WARTH06
7 years ago#9
"Later! College calls"

Your school calls you? I wish my school did that.
I was late this morning because I was up til 6am playing.
Alright, let's do this
LEEEEEROYYYYYYY Jenkins!

User Info: Darkwind_Legion

Darkwind_Legion
7 years ago#10
Going to have to -completely- disagree here. I just completed ME2 with my Infiltrator and the Anti-Materiel Rifle was my bread & butter for stronger enemies.

I was very much going with the "Pure Sniper" role so I had Assassin as my maxed class as well as sniper rifle upgrade. When I put all this on top of the Anti-Materiel rifle I could punch ALL the way through armor and then perforate the target's health usually down to at least half (even Krogans) with a single well placed shot. Then I maxed Incinerate which is a damage over time effect, fire that off for the cleanup and I basically was mopping the floor with everything.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 2
  3. advanced weapon training

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived