Tales of Vesperia Board FAQ version 4 - Look here before asking a question

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia
  3. Tales of Vesperia Board FAQ version 4 - Look here before asking a question

User Info: BlueCrystalTear

BlueCrystalTear
8 years ago#1
Hello, everyone. Welcome to the Tales of Vesperia board!

First of all, I would like to thank the following people for their contributions, in alphabetical order:
Brad Lascelle, crystalchaos, Dancing_Flames, Elec Man EXE, iReSoLuTe, KADFC, Kouli, LightOfJudgment, Lord Necrodain, Metarius6, omegaevolution, Shinarouji, StrikeNinja24, Tales_Otaku, TendercrispBCR, Vermanubi_s, Xenogirl08, and everyone else who frequents this board.

NOTE: I am not a girl. Do not let my username fool you, this was named for someone. Don’t ask.

I’d also like to thank said individual. I love you, Amanda Kimmel! <3
(and it’s her 25th birthday today! Happy birthday, Amanda!)

A note for everyone: SOME PEOPLE ARE HERE TO ASK QUESTIONS AND HAVE NOT YET BEATEN THE GAME. NOT EVERYONE HERE KNOWS WHO THE FINAL BOSS IS; PLEASE DO NOT SPOIL IT. PLEASE REFER TO HIM/HER/IT/THEM AS “THE FINAL BOSS” IN YOUR TOPIC TITLES AND PUT A SPOILER WARNING AFTER. THANK YOU.
In this FAQ, I have tried to refrain from spoiling anything major, but be wary that my posts may contain minor spoilers.

If your question doesn’t appear here, chances are it’s already been asked. The search feature exists for a reason. Please use it.

NOTICE: Tales of Vesperia does not belong to me. It belongs to Namco Bandai. They put a lot of effort into this game, and I’m merely here to help. I would appreciate that if you wish to use my FAQ at a side outside of GameFAQs, you ask me immediately. Posting any portion of this at the Tales of Vesperia PS3 board is unacceptable and will be considered plagiarism.

UPDATES TO VERSION 4
-Disclaimer added
-Some answers have been reworded for ease of use
-A couple new questions
-A few bug fixes
-Boss help section consolidated into one question due to FAQ’s completion
-Any acknowledgments of a remake have been discarded
-Removed questions that are no longer necessary
-PAL version information (thanks to those that confirmed that info!)
-Merged sections 7 and 8

DO NOT POST UNTIL I GIVE YOU THE WORD TO DO SO.

BlueCrystalTear
8 years ago#2
Use Ctrl + F and the tags for quick navigation.
GAMEPLAY HELP [1GPH]
1. How long is this game?
2. How do I change the controls?
3. How do I set up a decent strategy?
4. I need help with [boss]. Any advice?
5. Could you elaborate on Fatal Strikes and chains?
6. Skills confuse me, can you help?
7. What’s an Altered Arte?
8. [Character] isn’t moving at all… help!!
9. [Character]’s TP is decreasing whenever they attack. What’s going on?
10. [Character] does only 1 damage! What’s wrong?
11. GRADE farming is confusing. What do I need to do?
12. What are the different levels of Overlimit?
13. How do Burst and Mystic Artes work?
14. Can I rename characters?
15. What are titles?
16. How do I change characters in battle?
17. I’m sick of Yuri being my avatar.
18. What are the differences between the difficulties?
19. What are some helpful YouTube videos?
20. What carries over to new playthroughs?
21. How does EX New Game work?
22. Why the hell am I not seeing any skits in my EX New Game?

WEAPONS & ITEMS [2WI]
23. I’m low on Gald. What’s a good way to get more?
24. How do I get [item]?
25. What’s a Search Point?
26. How do I learn [recipe]?
27. How does DLC work?
28. What’s the Mother’s Memento?
29. What is each character’s best weapon other than Fell Arms?
30. What is a Fell Arm? Where are they?
31. Where do I upgrade the Sorcerer’s Ring?

STORYLINE QUESTIONS [4SLQ]
32. What’s the Caer Bocram password?
33. Does Flynn join the party?
34. How did he get out of Baction as it collapsed?
35. How do I activate the elevators in Tarqaron?
36. Why doesn’t [spoiler] die in the end?
37. Is that ending all there is? Do extra events improve it?

SIDEQUEST & ACHIEVEMENT HELP [5SAH]
38. How do I get the waiter and waitress costumes?
39. I’m confused about the Giganto quest. Can I have details?
40. What’s Nam Cobanda Isle?
41. How do I get the Miska Degree books?
42. Where are the statues for Yuri’s Recollection Guardian?
43. What’s this Dragon Race and Into the Sky business?
44. How do I get ‘Low Level Challenger?’
45. Where are all the save points for ‘Back Up Plan?’
46. What’s this Dog Map thing?
47. What’s this EX Dungeon I’ve heard about? How do I get there?
48. How do I fight Yeager’s girls?
49. How do I unlock the 100-man and 200-man melees?

THE COLISEUM [6TC]
50. Yuri
51. Estelle
52. Repede
53. Karol
54. Rita
55. Raven
56. Judith

EXTRA QUESTIONS [7EXQ]
57. Which Tales team developed this game?
58. What is the intro song? Who sings it? Is there a Japanese version?
59. What’s this Estelle invincibility trick?
60. I heard about a glitch to get Raven and Estelle in your party when they leave. Could you elaborate?
61. What are the references to other Tales games?

Please don’t post until I have finished.

BlueCrystalTear
8 years ago#3
GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS [1GPH]

1. How long is this game?
It takes about 45-50 hours to complete the storyline alone your first time through. It’s easily 100+ hours for full completion.

2. How do I change the controls?
Go to the “Config” menu under “Settings” and press A at the controls option. Here, you can customize them to your heart’s content. Changing how to activate Overlimit is not recommended, as different levels are activated using the D-Pad.

3. How do I set up a decent strategy?
To alter your strategy, go to “Strategy” in the Y menu. Press X on the setup you wish to edit – you can save four different strategies.

Estelle is the biggest issue. Her default main strategy is “Heal.” Change it to “Up to You” to improve her AI. If you want her to focus on healing, turn off her strike Artes and set her to use full TP. For Rita to only spam offensive spells, you can apply the same strategy.

You may want to change your strategy based on the situation. Conserving TP is often a good idea so you don’t run out. As for using items, Repede gets Item Thrower early on (from a weapon at Deidon Hold) and is very proficient with it. This skill, which lets you use items on allies, helps determine if you want someone to use items. Items disappear quickly if everyone can use them.

Everyone’s Fatal Strike strategy should be “Aim.” This should only be “Off” during Grade farming and Fatal Strike title farming. Keep in mind that all characters share one Overlimit bar when determining who can use it. Remember: Different strategies produce different results.

4. I need help with [boss]. Any advice?
The Boss FAQ, a project which I was fortunate to be an integral part of, is the place to go for that:
www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/945075/56969

5. Could you elaborate on Fatal Strikes and chains?
Sure.

You learn about Fatal Strikes at Caer Bocram while watching the Hunting Blades. Clint may have killed a strong boss with one hit, but you can’t do that. Fatal Strikes instantly kill any normal enemy and take a sizable chunk of a boss’ HP out. They are activated by pressing RT.

In order to get a Fatal Strike, you need to chain it. Notice that red, blue, or green symbol above the description of each arte? That’s what color the Arte is. Beating up an enemy with specific-colored Artes will trigger a Fatal Strike chain of that color, allowing you or anyone programmed to ‘Aim’ to kill it. The glyph-like symbol signals the chain. You do not have to activate it to count for GRADE and Into the Sky purposes, though there is a bonus 1 GRADE for the Fatal Strike.

The small bursts of light that an enemy emits signal that it is close to having that color glyph. Hit it with another Arte or two of that color and the glyph will appear, allowing you to slice it in half. You can have multiple Fatal Strike chains on the same enemy in one battle. This makes GRADE farming easy.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

6. Skills confuse me, can you help?
Skills offer a limited degree of customization for characters. Most skills are learned from weapons by accumulating Learn Points (LP); each skill requires a certain amount of LP to learn. You gain LP from battles. The skill activates when the weapon is equipped. Once learned, you may turn the skill on or off as long as the weapon isn’t equipped.

Each skill requires Skill Points (SP) to equip, which is separate from LP. Characters gain SP with each level; hence carrying over Skills in the GRADE shop has side-effects due to the limited number of SP at the onset. The max SP a character can have is 500.

To turn a skill on or off, select it on the skills menu and press A. Green means on, white means off. Remember: some skills’ effects stack.

Look at the Skill Guide for more info on what skills do and how to get them:
www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/945075/55789

BlueCrystalTear
8 years ago#4
7. What’s an Altered Arte?
Altered Artes are variations of Artes you already know. Each Altered Arte requires equipping certain skills. Altered Artes are learned after using them 100 times (physical) or 50 times (spells). Keep the required skills on until you’ve learned the respective Arte – if you disable them before learning it, you will use its prior form. You may not use the prior form while learning the Arte.

The Arte FAQ is the place to go for information on Altered Artes and how to get them:
www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/945075/54226

8. [Character] isn’t moving at all… help!!
They’re probably set on Semi-Auto or Manual. Change it to Auto in their Arte menu for the AI to control them.

9. [Character]’s TP is decreasing whenever they attack. What’s going on?
Check your skills. One called “Rise Attack” is likely equipped. With this, every normal attack uses 1 TP to be stronger, preventing you from regaining TP. Be sure that it’s in white.

10. [Character] does only 1 damage! What’s wrong?
You have the “Minimum Damage” skill equipped. This skill is mostly used for GRADE farming and Fatal Strike titles. Make sure that the skill is turned off (in white) when you don’t want it. This skill is picked up from weapons, so be wary of when you learn it or have it equipped. Watch out for Half Damage and Quarter Damage, too, which usually coincide with Minimum.

11. GRADE farming is confusing. What do I need to do?
Set the difficulty to the highest setting. Control Rita and equip a Wonder Symbol. Make sure she has the Minimum Damage, O.L. Boost, OVL Bonus 2, Light Magic, and Spell End skills. Give everyone else the Taunt 2 skill and Blue Dice and set them to Defend. Chain 2-3 encounters with enemies not resistant to water. Go into Overlimit. Spam Tidal Wave. Repeat. You will get a lot of Fatal Strike chains that give a huge boost to your GRADE. Using knockdown attacks may also be helpful. When you’re done, just use Fatal Strikes to finish the guppies off.

A good video walkthrough (Thanks to K_19 the link):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Kkaa1RdVw

KADFC’s Grade FAQ offers alternate strategies and more information:
www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/945075/54248

12. What are the different levels of Overlimit?
All levels of Overlimit initiate Artes quicker.

Level 1 is the default Overlimit. Enables Burst Artes.
Level 2 is obtained from Judith at Ghasfarost. It increases damage to downed enemies.
Level 3 enables Mystic Artes and grants free Artes. For this, you have to synthesize your Limit Duo with stones obtained in the Sands of Kogorh. Be sure to get both!
Level 4, obtained by Limit Trio synthesis, will make you impervious to pain.

Which direction you hit on the D-Pad determines how many OL bars you use. Right is level 1; down is level 2; left is level 3; up is level 4.

13. How do Burst and Mystic Artes work?
Burst Artes can be activated from any level of Overlimit and gain power at levels 2 and 3. Activate an Arcane or Altered Arte or an Intermediate or higher spell and hold the Arte button (the default is A). If the Arte connects, you’ll activate your Burst Arte. Burst Artes can also be altered based on skills equipped; if more than one set of skills is equipped, whichever set comes first on the skill list takes priority. Elemental Burst Artes can never be learned.

Which element is used depends on the skills equipped, listed in priority order:
Hell Fire & Chain = Fire
Athenor & Crucible = Earth
Gale & Alembic = Wind
Great Deluge & Dispersion = Water

For Mystic Artes, equip the Special skill (see below). In battle, enter level 3 or 4 Overlimit. Activate an Arcane, Altered, or Burst Arte (or an Intermediate or higher spell) and hold the attack button (default is B). If it connects, you will perform a devastating Mystic Arte. Sadly, each character only has one Mystic Arte.

BlueCrystalTear
8 years ago#5
SPECIAL SKILLS:
Yuri: Dein Nomos, obtained from the storyline, or Second Star
Judith: Hades, found at the Blade Drifts of Zophier
Estelle: Rod, behind Poseidon in Zaude
Repede: Visit Heliord after Estelle rejoins and talk to that Pauly kid. An event will trigger where you to have to rescue him again and kill some weak enemies; after this, Repede learns Special
Karol: After Manor of the Wicked, sleep at the Dahngrest inn repeatedly until he learns it
Rita: Psychadelica, found at Zophier
Raven: From a few different weapons, like the one when he rejoins late in part 2 (Elven Bow)

14. Can I rename characters?
In North America, yes. Go to a person’s Status and press A on their name. You can edit it there, but it will only change what appears in the dialogue boxes, as changing the voice acting for different names would be impossible. Sadly, this was excluded from the PAL version.

15. What are titles?
Unlike Symphonia and Abyss, which had a use for them, Vesperia’s titles do absolutely nothing. Collecting them all is necessary for the ‘Bunny Guild’ and ‘They Call Me…’ achievements, but in-game they have no value at all. Costume titles are the only exception, as they grant new outfits, but like the others, they have no additional perks.

16. How do I change characters in battle?
You need to synthesize a Moon Selector. The materials are fully available around when you first get to Dahngrest. Once you have it, press Start when on the Y menu to the change character you control. Of course, this is only limited to those in your active party.

17. I’m sick of Yuri being my avatar.
Synthesize a Special Flag or get the one from the Mt. Temza boss. After this, select a character in the overworld Y menu and press X to make them your avatar. It is necessary to do this for a few things in the game. Sorry, but Repede can’t be your avatar.

18. What are the differences between the difficulties?
Easy has a 0.7x multiplier for all enemy stats. GRADE has a 0x multiplier.
Normal is the default difficulty which determines the other three.
Hard has a 2.5x multiplier in enemy HP. Attack stats are multiplied by 1.2; Defense stats are unaffected. GRADE has a 1.5x multiplier.
Unknown has a 5x multiplier in enemy HP. Physical attack has a 3.5x multiplier; Magic Attack has a 3x multiplier. Both defense stats have a 2.5x multiplier. GRADE has a 2x multiplier.

Different EXP modifiers from the GRADE Shop may be necessary for higher difficulties, but that’s up to you.

19. What are some helpful YouTube videos?
Two guys who used to come here spent a lot of time on videos.
omegaevolution recorded many videos, including most boss fights and the 200-man melee with various characters on Unknown. His playlist is here:
www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9E43342E451E8A48

KADFC also has posted many useful videos in a general walkthrough format:
www.youtube.com/user/KaddyGamer

Start --> Keiv Moc
www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8D7B2B35795DA2C9

Keiv Moc --> Manor of the Wicked
www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C11F0BEBC86213B0

To Mt. Temza --> Zaude (1st half)
www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E0EB9CC8B22C9A64

Zaude (2nd half) --> Aurnion completion --> sidequesting
www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5E9E6A7399B67ACF

Sidequesting --> End of game --> Speedrun
www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8B89E415AC46B3FB

Speedrun part 2
www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=6DFE0C86107339D4

You’ll find his channel handy, too. It is most useful for getting through dungeons rather than the actual fights – his purpose was to provide a tool to get through the game. He did a lot for us.

To reiterate: omega’s the best source for help with boss fights and the Coliseum; KADFC’s video walkthrough is best for sidequests, dungeon puzzles, and directions.

BlueCrystalTear
8 years ago#6
20. What carries over to new playthroughs?
Playtime will carry over by default, but you need GRADE to buy anything else. You can only access the GRADE Shop at the start of an EX New Game using GRADE from clear save data. Any unused GRADE is kept in the new file; spent GRADE is refunded at the start of the next EX New Game so you can purchase the same item again. The Grade FAQ has more info:
www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/945075/54248

21. How does EX New Game work?
Aside from what you buy in the GRADE Shop, there are minimal differences from the first playthrough. You may keep playing your first file unless you save over it. See the above question for more information.

22. Why the hell am I not seeing any skits in my EX New Game?
The GRADE Shop has a“Records” option. This option carries everything in the “Records” window over to the EX New Game, including the number of skits you’ve seen. Do not carry this over if you wish to see the skits again in-game. The skits that would appear have been counted as “viewed” and can only be watched at the Nam Cobanda Isle skit player.

~

WEAPONS & ITEMS [2WI]

23. I’m low on Gald. What’s a good way to get more?
In parts 1 and 2, selling surplus synthesis items will net some cash. When Tarqaron rises, Nam Cobanda Isle appears on the northwest corner of the map (more later). There is a poker game here. Buy 10 chips and play poker. Playing correctly will earn you a lot of chips. Exchange them for Treats and Specifics. When your stock is full, go to a shop and sell them. You’ll make a good profit each time you do this.

24. How do I get [item]?
Most synthesis items (sans weapons) are dropped by monsters. Check the Monster Guide sticky or the FAQ and use Ctrl+F to find what monster drops that synthesis material.
www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=945075&topic=45376856
www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/945075/54737

If you can’t get it from a monster, there are many search points which have items available. This map shows where they are:
www26.atwiki.jp/vesperia/?plugin=ref&serial=59
Dark blue icons require the salvage arm from the Sicily sidequest.

The Collector’s Book FAQ is good for finding where most items are:
www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/945075/54343

25. What’s a Search Point?
Search Points contain synthesis items, even rare ones. It’s beneficial to search them often. Sadly, we don’t have a list of what items are where yet.

Here are some things to know about Search Points, courtesy of Brad Lascelle:
- All search points respawn simultaneously. There's a chance that a specific point won't show up on a collective respawn, but the respawn flag has been set. Just save and reload to get it to materialize.
- Want an easy way to respawn search points 100% of the time? Fly to Mantaic and sleep at the inn. If it's night or there's a sandstorm outside when you wake up, sleep again. When it's bright and sunny out, leave and you'll have a freshly restocked bounty of search points to plunder.
- Looking for a specific item from a specific search point? Here are two things to remember:
1) Always save near a search point (WHILE IT’S SUNNY), search the point and if you don't get what you want, reload. If the search point fails to show up on a reload, reload again. As long as other search points are still there, you haven't reset the respawn flag. However, if it isn’t sunny, you run this risk, so beware.
2) Potential items within search points aren't random; they're predetermined. Where the element of chance comes in is which predetermined group of components you happen to get during your farm attempt. That's why you save and reload if unsuccessful. The potential items within a search point DO change over the course of the game. So if the Kogorh shell isn't paying off any Griffin Claws, it means it hasn't been added to the rotation.

Thanks, Brad!

BlueCrystalTear
8 years ago#7
26. How do I learn [recipe]?
Use the Cooking FAQ:
www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/945075/54228

27. How does DLC work?
DLC is put into an item category called “Xbox Live.” You need to use them as an in-game item to get their effects. For example, level boosters are used like Rare Candy in Pokémon games.

28. What’s the Mother’s Momento?
“A keepsake Estelle received from her late mother. She always carries this with her.”

When you reach Mantaic, keep staying at the inn until she forks it over. It can only be used in battle, where it will restore party HP by 5% each time. It also has a huge significance later in the story.

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD. MOVE TO THE NEXT QUESTION IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SPOILERS.
To get Secret Mission 16, Yuri must use the item in his 1-on-1 with the possessed Estelle. This will somewhat restore her to her former self and make the fight easier.
END SPOILERS

29. What is each character’s best weapon other than Fell Arms?
Yuri – Last Fencer (obtained from Secret Mission 23 or synthesis)
Estelle – BC Rod (Drake sidequest [FAQ], best M. ATK); Holy Avenger +1 (Nam Cobanda chip exchange, best P. ATK)
Repede – Murakumo (Karolow X sidequest)
Karol – Rending Drill Hammer (100-man melee)
Judith – Brionac (FAQ needed)
Rita – Aspion (synthesis, best M. ATK); Ivy Blade (sidequest, best P. ATK)
Raven – Celestial Star +1 (Synth 100-man melee weapon)

30. What is a Fell Arm? Where are they?
Fell Arms are extraordinary weapons that work like the Devil’s Arms from Tales of Symphonia. Once you get all 7, you have to unlock their magic by defeating an insane boss. When this is done, each one will gain 1 invisible ATK point (9999 max, you can’t see it) for every kill that its character has made. Since no characters can share a Fell Arm, each weapon’s stat reflects that character’s kill count.

Yuri will get the first Fell Arm, Abyssion, from the Myorzo elder in part 3. After you get all four spirits, go the small archipelago near Nordopolica. See that rock formation? That’s an aer krene. Enter it. The rock inside will react to the sword and reveal the Zarich for Judith. Upgrade the Sorcerer’s Ring to level 4 here. You will need it to get some of the others.

Nebilim (Raven): Back of Keiv Moc, after behind one of the bushes you burn.
Glasya Labolas (Karol): In the Quoi Woods, burn the bushes near the back with the level 4 ring. Thump the Giganto inside, the Chimera Butterfly. After he’s been eradicated, open the chest behind him for the Arm.
Mercurius (Estelle): Relewiese Hollow, southeast of the central healing save point.
Uroboros (Rita) & Susanoh (Repede): At the end of Tarqaron, before going up to fight the final boss, activate all the blastia and go all the way to the right side of the room to find a door. Go through it and take the winding path down. You’ll find a chest with an Arm on each side of a red-colored room.

After you have 4 and 7 Fell Arms, you’ll see scenes on the boat. After you have all 7, you also need to see a scene with Flynn and his troops in Aurnion in order to be able unlock them. After this, the final boss gains an unavoidable third form that is extremely difficult. Once you defeat it, the arms will unlock. You can take the unlocked arms to a new playthrough under “Items” in the GRADE shop. The kill counts reset, though, so the Fell Arms take time to become powerful. Be aware of that.

31. Where do I upgrade the Sorcerer’s Ring?
Level 1 ring is obtained in the Shaikos Ruins.
Level 2 ring is obtained in Ghasfarost.
Level 3 ring is obtained on the Heracles.
Level 4 ring is part of the Fell Arms quest, obtained at the aer krene near Nordopolica.
Level 5 ring is obtained at the aer krene on Yuzorea, the northwest continent with Yumanju. Blast the rock with the level 4 ring.

BlueCrystalTear
8 years ago#8
STORYLINE QUESTIONS [4SLQ]

32. What’s the Caer Bocram password?
Sun.

33. Does Flynn join the party?
He doesn’t, at least not permanently. Yuri, Flynn, and Repede will fight off a seemingly endless array of monsters in Hypionia in part 3 – this five-minute battle is the only time Flynn will be in your party. You can only control him via using a Moon Selector; this is your only chance in any single playthrough.

34. How did he get out of Baction when it was collapsing?
“He” refers to Schwann. It is not known how exactly he escaped – we assume that it was a miracle, as his troops were unable to get back in there. Nobody here is really sure how he did it.

35. How do I activate the elevators in Tarqaron?
After climbing the staircase to the final boss’ chamber, go to the one on the left WITHOUT GOING FORWARD TO FACE THE BOSS and it will automatically unlock, allowing you to go up and down as you please.

To get the other one to unlock, go to the area near where you found the last two Fell Arms and find a ladder puzzle. Solve it (it can be very confusing) to be able to use the right one. It’s not necessary to do this.

The best explanation I know of is KADFC’s, in his FAQ:
www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/945075/53969
Ctrl + F “Extra section” to find it. It’s still very confusing since it was made to be, and ASCII diagrams of this stuff are very difficult to make.

36. Why doesn’t [spoiler] die in the end?
YES, THIS QUESTION CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS. IF YOU HAVE NOT YET BEATEN THE GAME, MOVE ON TO THE NEXT QUESTION.
Ah, Raven. Your heart transplant successfully brought you back to life all of those years ago. His Mystic Arte should make this spoiler obvious.
END SPOILERS

Raven’s heart is a blastia. It feeds off of his life force and allows him to live. At the ending, when they release all of the blastia cores, Raven lives. The blastia themselves would still be fully functional, however – it’s the CORES that became spirits. The blastia are useless without the cores… for the most part. Raven’s blastia doesn’t have a core – it feeds off of his life force instead. This is why Raven does not become a spirit. The blastia would still work if they had something else powering them.

37. Is that ending all there is? Do extra events improve it?
The ending is mostly in the pictures during the credits. That shows you a lot of what happened after the final scene. The final scene is somewhat disappointing, and it doesn’t change no matter what you do. Just look at the pictures and you’ll have several questions tied up.

~

SIDEQUEST & ACHIEVEMENT HELP [5SAH]
We use this for sidequest help:
ameblo.jp/koulinovesperia/entry-10143410717.html

This masterpiece was written by one of our resident gods, Kouli. It’s a spoiler-free sidequest guide that has helped many people in the past. It includes every sidequest – including the seemingly pointless ones. And Dark Enforcer.

Try to do these sidequests around when he suggests, as some are missable. You can’t always come back later and hope to do them.

This section explains several things that we get asked about too often.

38. How do I get the waiter and waitress costumes?
Go to the western tavern in Dahngrest after Mt. Temza (all seven characters need to be in the party). You have to complete a very tedious mini-game as five different people in order to get these titles. It’s best to bring a pen and paper (or use Microsoft Word/Excel) to record what the rude Snorlaxes order. They change their mind way too often and eat far more than the average family of four does at a restaurant. Fortunately, there’s no time limit, so writing everything down is easy.

Good luck.

BlueCrystalTear
8 years ago#9
39. I’m confused about the Giganto quest. Can I have details?
There are nine large monsters that roam the world. Before you run into any of them, go see Rich at the King of Adventure AFTER you get the boat. He’s north of Halure. See a scene with him about Gigantos to initiate the quest.

General strategies apply for these fights, but watch out for their attacks – they’re pretty deadly. And if there are guppies around, take them out first.

Hermit Drill - Level 34: Lurks in the Weasand of Cados, in the southern corner of the cave. This will be the first Giganto monster you meet. You can’t miss it.
Medusa Butterfly - Level 45: Sands of Kogorh. She is in the southwest corner of the northern section of the desert – the area after the oasis.
Brutal - Level 58: Located just north of Deidon Hold. He only appears AFTER exiting the Blade Drifts of Zopheir.
Brucis - Level 62: Egothor forest, down the hill from the save point. Don’t fight it the first time you see it – you’ll be way underleveled. Brucis is the strongest Giganto.
Pterobronc - Level 49: Mt. Temza. Go back after getting Ba'ul to find it near the entrance.
Fenrir - Level 58: The Erealumen Crystallands. He lurks in the northeast corner of the cave, past the second crystallized bridge.
Poseidon - Level 55: At Zaude, in the room after you fight the sub-boss.
Chimera Butterfly - Level 50: Quoi Woods, in the back. Burn the bushes in the way with the Level 4 Sorcerer’s Ring.
Griffin - Level 59: Northern Yuzorea. Fly to northwest corner of the world map to find it. Only appears later in the game.

Thanks to iReSoLuTe for this info!

Gigantos can respawn, but the rate is very slim. Just save near their spawn point and reload if you don’t see them.

After you kill each one, talk to Rich to get a reward. When all nine are dead, he gives Karol a costume.

40. What’s Nam Cobanda Isle?
Nam Cobanda is a strange place owned by the company that made the game, Namco Bandai, where there are many things to do.

First of all, if some fat guy eating chicken nuggets is blocking the gym entrance, GO AROUND THE BACK. There’s another entrance.

There is a stage where Yuri, Estelle, Karol, and Rita put on a hilarious play and get costumes at the very end of the game. This stage serves no other purpose.
There are other costumes, too. The second time you enter the gym, Judith will get a costume from Kaufman for getting an annoying poker player to leave. Rita also has a special costume, explained in the next question.

The poker game is great for earning money and some nice prizes. The chip machines also have rare items. There are some other things to do and a few Tales of the Abyss references.

41. How do I get the Miska Degree books?
There are five books in all. Look for bookcases at these locations:

Aurnion - Flynn's Room
Capua Torim – Fortune’s Market HQ (behind the guard)
Halure – Mayor’s House
Heliord - Chevalier's HQ
Mantaic - Inn

You don’t need to get them in any order and they’re all easy to get. After you bring Miska all five, Karol will take a quiz about Tales history. Rita will get the costume regardless of how you do on the quiz, but acing the quiz gets you an achievement. The US answers are:

1. September 30, 1998
2. Raine Sage
3. Bubbles
4. Presea Combatir
5. “Ishtar turns to stone.”

The PAL answers are different, as Destiny, Legendia, and Abyss weren’t released there :

1. February 2006
2. Raine Sage
3. Kratos Aurion
4. Presea Combatir
5. Seles Wilder
(Courtesy of pri0256)

It’s a nice costume except for the headband, but it’ll do.

BlueCrystalTear
8 years ago#10
42. Where are the statues for Yuri’s Recollection Guardian?
-Three are in the raffle machine behind the guy that initiates the quest in Yumanju.
-One is in the Dahngrest Fortune’s Market store. Talk to the guard to get it.
-Six are in the machines at Nam Cobanda Isle: One from the 10 chip machine, two from the 50, two from the 100, and one from the 500.
-Hanks keeps the last one in the Lower Quarter of Zaphias.

43. What’s this Dragon Race and Into the Sky business?
The Dragon Race can be accessed in Myorzo by talking to the brat to the far right near the entrance. To get the brat to appear, you need to see a scene involving Judith and Ba’ul above Mt. Temza (when flying). Complete three races to upgrade Ba’ul’s abilities. Complete all five races and Judith will get the Super Dragon Rider title.

To get the Into the Sky costume, you need to clear all five races and accrue 1000 Fatal Strike CHAINS. In other words, you need the glyph to appear 1000 times, not to get 1000 actual FSes. You can’t check how many you have, but GRADE farming nets them quickly Talk to the brat and if he gives Judith the clothes, victory!

44. How do I get ‘Low Level Challenger?’
You can easily get screwed over here – you need to be level 14 or less AFTER beating him. The best way to do this is to have 1/2 EXP and avoid encounters as often as possible. Holy Bottles will be very helpful with that.

45. Where are all the save points for ‘Back Up Plan?’
You have to save at every save point in one playthrough to get this achievement.

Here is a list of all the save points, courtesy of Vermanubi_s. An (M) denotes that the save point is missable.
-Zaphias x7 (Lower Quarter, Prison(M), near Flynn's room(M), Noble Quarter, Mess Hall, before Throne Room and Sword Stair)
-Deidon Hold x1
-Quoi Woods x1
-Halure x1
-Aspio x1
-Shaikos Ruins x1
-Ehmead Hill x1
-Capua Nor x2 (Inn and outside of Ragou's Residence(M))
-Capua Torim x1
-Caer Bocram x1
-Heliord x1
-Dahngrest x1
-Keiv Moc x2 (Halfway point and before boss)
-Ghasfarost x2 (Prison and before boss)
-Atherum x2 (On board the Fiertia(M); inside the ship(M))
-Nordopolica x1
-Weasand of Cados x2 (Central area; before Pteropus(M))
-Mantaic x1
-Sands of Kogorh x2 (Oasis and before boss (M?))
-Yormgen x1 (M)
-Fierta cabin (M)
-Mt. Temza x2 (Ruins and before boss (M))
-Egothor Forest x1
-Myorzo x1
-Baction x3 (1 in each long hallway)
-Heracles x2 (Near the Engine Room and before boss)
-Blade Drifts of Zopheir x2 (before Baitojoh(M), when you return for Undine)
-Zaude x3 (Entrance, before each boss (M x2))
-Erealumen Crystallands x2 (Halfway point; before boss (M))
-Relewiese Hollow x2 (Halfway point and before boss)
-Aurnion x3 (Before the town is built (M), during development(M) and after completely built)
-Tarqaron x2 (Before each boss)

The save points missed most often are the three in Aurnion, the one in Ghasfarost prison, and a few that vanish after you beat the boss. Advice: Every time you encounter a save point, use it.

46. What’s this Dog Map thing?
This quest can be started at any time when all seven characters are in your party. Approach the pier in Capua Torim where Kaufman gave you the boat and Repede will meet his old nemesis. After a scene, the quest has begun.

Repede will mark territory any time you sleep on the world map using a mat or tent. As the quest goes on, you’ll have to view some scenes in order to continue:

Start: Go to Zaphias for the Friendly Furball
~50%: Automatic Scene with Little Wolf
~50-85%: Cat in Dahngrest
~85%: Meet Little Wolf in the far west area of Aurnion
~95%: Go to the Inn in Zaphias to complete the sidequest

Credit to Taoken for those.

If a scene is not triggering, mark another area or two and try again. The bar is sort of unreliable.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia
  3. Tales of Vesperia Board FAQ version 4 - Look here before asking a question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.