decompiled FEZ.exe and found a heart room secret

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fez
  3. decompiled FEZ.exe and found a heart room secret

User Info: Finnbarre

Finnbarre
4 years ago#11
I'm not sure if this is relevant, I mean who knows at this point, but has anyone noticed that the pieces which are attached to yellow dots are essentially fez hats?

So some of the pieces are red cubes, some are small yellow cubes, and then there are three or so fez hats.

Finnbarre
4 years ago#12
Sorry, actually I think the count is,

6 fez hat cubes
15 red cubes
3 small yellow cubes

Finnbarre
4 years ago#13
Sorry for the triple post, but also the small yellow cubes could be considered detached fez hat tassels.

User Info: adampeltz

adampeltz
4 years ago#14
Bah... This game...I'm playing the Xbox 360 version and it crashed after I inputted this code and tried to leave Gomez's bedroom. My save won't load either....

It looks like I'm starting all over again.
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.

User Info: Theine

Theine
4 years ago#15
Hmm maybe this code was never meant to be used? It could just be a scrapped feature or something, since it crashes the xbox version.

User Info: adampeltz

adampeltz
4 years ago#16
Theine posted...
Hmm maybe this code was never meant to be used? It could just be a scrapped feature or something, since it crashes the xbox version.

I got the faux-cut/reboot where it fake reboots to where Gomez is sleeping in his room. It's just that I wasn't able to leave the room and go outside... it just kept trying to load the outdoor environment for several minutes. Unfortunately, the Xbox 360 version is known to corrupt saves and be unstable in general. So I wouldn't read too much into the fact that it happened to me unless it happens to others.

By the way, my completion percentage did not go up after I did the code. I just thought I'd mention that.
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.

User Info: gcmusic12

gcmusic12
4 years ago#17
I'll try it when I get home, I've got the Xbox version too. If its re-creatable then the PC version must've gotten cleaned up a bit bug-wise which makes sense. I'll post again once I see what happens.

User Info: penultimatefire

penultimatefire
4 years ago#18
whoops, that last one is a LT. yeah for the record, it's

Letters (Red artifact):

LT RT RT LT RT LT LT LT

Numbers (Green artifact):

RT RT RT LT RT RT LT LT

I thought of the "decompiling the game breaks Phil's heart" angle too, haha...maybe. But I like to think there's actually a way to find these out. that we still have a puzzle to solve!

User Info: qbicfeet

qbicfeet
4 years ago#19
I can too confirm that breaking the heart cube on the 360 version breaks the game and gets the game stuck in loading limbo when you leave the game. I am going to try this on PC though, and have a walk around to see if I can find anything new post-input. The room Fractal (Totem room, contains the un-see-able concentric squares) feels particularly interesting.
PSN / GT / Steam - qbicfeet

User Info: qbicfeet

qbicfeet
4 years ago#20
S***! What if Stereoscopy Mode is required to see and collect these cube bits!!

Edit: Tested on the PC version. Went back to the heart room and the fountain is gone. This has to mean something.

Edit2: The game (PC) crashes for me every time I enter door that have "zoom" transitions while having Stereoscopy Mode active. Just a heads-up.
PSN / GT / Steam - qbicfeet
  1. Boards
  2. Fez
  3. decompiled FEZ.exe and found a heart room secret

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived