The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This game is the Devil May Cry 2 of the series.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. BioShock 2
  3. This game is the Devil May Cry 2 of the series.

User Info: Crimsin_Giblet

Crimsin_Giblet
3 years ago#11
I prefer this game over Infinite any day. That's right, I went there.
If you desire to know the truth, you must also have the courage to accept it.

User Info: jakeDiLLa

jakeDiLLa
3 years ago#12
Crimsin_Giblet posted...
I prefer this game over Infinite any day. That's right, I went there.

I've been going there ever since I beat Infinite... it seems that most people think it's Bioshock 1>Infinite>2 but I just think people didn't give Bioshock 2 a fair shake based on it being developed by someone else.

I just don't get how people can say they loved 1 and hated 2 when they're almost identical games o_O

User Info: ThePyreThatBurns

ThePyreThatBurns
3 years ago#13
Overly harsh.

I played through this game and wasn't impressed but, looking back, I think part of it was that I saved every Little Sister and thus would run afoul of the Big Sisters. (This is an area that they really dropped the ball on. Once is fun but having a Big Sister attack as a penalty EVERY single time you save/harvest all of them got tedious.) However, I confess that, especially after playing Infinite, I've been pondering getting this game again.

While I believe that it is the weakest of the three (Look, let me decide whether to knock off Lamb or not instead of putting these arbitrary conditions in), I did play through the whole thing.

Devil May Cry 2, on the other hand, is a game that I did not finish and have never had the slightest yearning to pick up again.
As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy-Abraham Lincoln

User Info: Ghidoran

Ghidoran
3 years ago#14
Except DMC2 is a bad game, while BS2 is an excellent game, just too much of a rehash.
Movie, comic and game reviews from yours truly:
http://mcgreviews.blogspot.com

User Info: megathom

megathom
3 years ago#15
Bioshock 2 is a great game, but it isn't the breakthrough that the first was. I'm replaying it right now (after playing Infinite and the original back to back), and I'm having a blast. My main complaint from my original play through still stands, in that it is very more-of-the-same, as it feels like the second half of Bioshock as opposed to a brand new game. Still great though, with just too much recycled from the first game.
Super Nintendo Chalmers
  1. Boards
  2. BioShock 2
  3. This game is the Devil May Cry 2 of the series.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived